Crop damage hunt coming soon!!

Dan B

Got a call from my crop damage hunting partner...it's that time again!! He has 5 farms lined up and around 20 tags for each farm. I have a 250 mile drive to his place so I'm taking most of the July 4th week off work to make as big a dent as possible in the herd. The link below goes to the report of last years hunt. This year I'll again be toting the APS 7mm-270WSM XP-100 (162AM at 2825fps) and likely the .250 Savage Imp XP-100 (100gr SMK at 2580fps). Ranges last year were out to 400yds or so. This year we have a few farms that will extend the potential firing range. Hopefully I'll have the chance to break my 396yd longest kill (which is also my longest attempt) with a handgun. I may also take a rifle to test...not sure if it will be the .280AI Rem 700 or Mauser .30 Gibbs. Last year I took a Mauser .243Winny (75gr VM at 3400fps) and it did a dandy job on one deer at 300yds....may just take it again since it's a good truck gun. The AI and Gibbs are too pretty for all the in and out of the truck that we'll be doing.

Can't WAIT!!! Time to recheck drop charts!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is it wrong to grill steaks and eat them on the farmers porch while shooting deer?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

September 2006 Crop Damage Report

I'm working on a similar deal here in MI.
I will test a few different loads out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JD338

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.