Crispi Boots Question

I would definitely go all leather if you are going to be in a lot of snow. I've used and abused a bunch of different Crispi models. Tall leather boots will be pretty darn stiff and heavy though. I have a pair of Lowa Tibets that are all leather that I've warn a gob of times in deep snow. I treat the leather with Nikwax before trips with lots of snow and never had wet feet. Tibets get a lot of great reviews. They are heavier than all the mid height Crispis I use. I cover lots of country while elk hunting and lighter boots are definitely a plus when there isn't snow. I've had good luck with Crispi Wyo's and just bought a pair of lighter weight Crispi Thors that ought to be superb for early season hunting since they are a chunk lighter. I've worn the Wyo's on several sheep and mt goat hunts and they've held up very well but a tad heavy. My guess is the Nevada's may be a good all-round boot for snow plus other hunts since they are all leather. I wouldn't suggest insulated boots unless you are going to spend 80% of your time sitting or you may sweat a lot.

I forgot to mention that I wore Kenetrek Mtn Hunters one day and returned them. They had very tall heals and soles that felt like I was on stilts and were literally dangerous on rocky sidehills.

One other thing I do is buy boots around 1/2 to 1 size larger. I replace the insoles and add more padded insoles that offer more padding. Having a little extra volume also allows me to relax the laces when there's snow and cold so I can add heavier socks. When hot I wear lighter socks and cinch down the laces.

I was on the same quest a couple years ago after hiking 6-7 miles in snow in pac boots (kamik) and my instep, heels and ankles were so sore that I could barely walk for 2 days after. I tried on bunch of different insulated boots and ended up with these:
https://www.scheels.com/p/mens-cris...ots/15285-CF8430-4200.html?cgid=boots#start=1
They are made by Crispi but exclusively for Scheels and have a narrower heel and wider toe box than other Crispi boots, which fit my feet perfectly. I put about 15 miles on them this season in frigid temperatures (teens) and they kept my feet warm and I had no pain. If the other models you try don't fit well, check these out.

If you are getting liner Pack boots, I would get an extra set of liners. Your feet get wet from sweat. You'll need to take one out and let them dry. Otherwise if only one set your feet will sweat and the one set will get wet, and will feel cold in a couple of days.

I just spent a week hunting muleys and broke in my crispi gtx and wore my other set too.First day out 7 miles,no sore spots.

I've used this set of Crispi boots everyday for a year. To work, hunting and chores… in the cinder, lava rocks, mud and what little snow we have here in Hawaii. Double socks for sure in the early mornings in the snow. It never ever leaked not even once. They have a 20% discount right now, I wouldn't had bought 3 more and another 2 different pairs if I didn't absolutely love them.

Attachments

• CF154C35-BEC2-4C81-B02B-34BD7E17B65D.jpeg
    CF154C35-BEC2-4C81-B02B-34BD7E17B65D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 150
The Schnees were to narrow for my feet and I bought the wides. The Crispi Idaho has a much wider toe box and is far more comfortable for me.
Saying all that, I have read where some people have had issues with the Idaho's squeaking, water penetrating the boot and the rubber seperating from the leather stitching. Has anyone had this issue with their Crispi's? Is this a rare issue and mostly happening with the Idah's?

What crispi boot do y'all recommend for hunting elk in the snow? I had the wrong boot last year and was slipping/sliding everywhere so I want to avoid that on the next trip. Thanks
I purchased a pair of CRISPI WOMEN'S SKARVEN EVO GTX INSULATED HUNTING boots last year for an elk hunting in early Oct in CO and they worked great. Good grips, didn't slip or slide even with an 80 pack of meat on my back and all of my gear. I did experience 1 issue, and that was that the boots rubbed on the back of my calves and they got raw and sore after 5 days of hunting in the steep back country. But they kept my feet warm, dry, and had great traction.