Crispi Boots Question

PingGong3

What crispi boot do y’all recommend for hunting elk in the snow? I had the wrong boot last year and was slipping/sliding everywhere so I want to avoid that on the next trip. Thanks

Chadp82

Are you set on Crispi? I would go and try some on. There are plenty of good brands and fit a little different. I am not knocking Crispi at all, for me they were too narrow when I tried them on. They were certainly one of 5 or so different brands I tried on.

Don’t rush on a boot purchase, make sure figment is right. Happy shopping!

PingGong3

Are you set on Crispi? I would go and try some on. There are plenty of good brands and fit a little different. I am not knocking Crispi at all, for me they were too narrow when I tried them on. They were certainly one of 5 or so different brands I tried on.

Don’t rush on a boot purchase, make sure figment is right. Happy shopping!
I am not set on Crispi but from what I’ve read it seems to be Crispi, Kenetreck and Schnees??? I’ve tried some Schnees Beartooths on but I need to try the wide ones on Bc his were to narrow. I live in Alabama so it’s hard to find dealers here to try these brand boots.

Chadp82

You may want to check out Lowa and Zanberlan also.

I have wide feet and ended with Kenetrek in wide. They are on the heavier side of things, but the comfort for me was more important for me.

Mad Minion

I used the Crispi Wild Rock this year on an Elk hunt in snow. Rough terrain with no regrets on using this boot. I will say a pair of crampons in snow is the best option to prevent slipping and sliding around.

Coulee kid

There are a lot of different options out there. The biggest thing for me is getting the right fit. I do a lot of elk hunting and I like the crispy boots in the Nevada with gators. They are not warm for doing a lot of sitting in cold temperatures but I am pretty active and they fit my style of hunting. Are you planning on hiking a lot, or more sitting, horseback, or atv. depends on how you are planning on hunting.

HeadedWest

What crispi boot do y’all recommend for hunting elk in the snow? I had the wrong boot last year and was slipping/sliding everywhere so I want to avoid that on the next trip. Thanks
I wear a Crispi Nevada non insulated. Sock Ocean Beach Co. active southwest socks that were 70%cotton27%polyester3%spandex and whore gaiters. My foot is a 11.5 a little wide and some what of a arch but I wear a 12 crispi I been told they might shrink a little after wear and tear. Never slip once out in Idaho.

HeadedWest

Thanks! I ordered Crispi Nevada’s and Beartooth Schnees. I’ll try both and keep the one that beat fits. If they don’t, I’ll go down

There are a lot of different options out there. The biggest thing for me is getting the right fit. I do a lot of elk hunting and I like the crispy boots in the Nevada with gators. They are not warm for doing a lot of sitting in cold temperatures but I am pretty active and they fit my style of hunting. Are you planning on hiking a lot, or more sitting, horseback, or atv. depends on how you are planning on hunting.
Agree

KSB209

I have the crispi Colorado and they are comfortable but in 6” of snow my feet go cold pretty quick. I was not wear thick socks but my feet dd stay dry the entire time

Recent Posts