Crispi Boot - leather or synthetic

KSB209

Trying to decide on a new pair of boots. Narrowed it to Crispi. Looking at the Nevada, Colorado, and Wyoming.

the Nevada is more of a leather boot and the other 2 are synthetic material. If you were going to buy a pair would you go with leather or not? I figure leather is a bit more durable but synthetic will break in faster and in my experience are usually a bit more comfortable for my feet but have had leather boots that were great.

there are no retailers around me to try them on so I have to mail order.

There are trade-offs for both types. Generally speaking an all leather boot will far outlast synthetics. Most of the synthetic boots I've use and abused over the years tend to come apart at seams especially when wet. All leather have no seams. Synthetic boots generally are a chunk lighter in weight, more flexible, and tend to breath better in warm/hot conditions.

With that said, I like having a choice of several boots. I often use all leather boots in the cold, winter, or in wet/snowy weather. If I'm covering a lot of rough, steep country I often choose a boot that is a little lighter but still has stiff soles for side-hills. On hot days in the summer I may choose a synthetic that breathes a little better.

I work outside year round and an all leather boot is nice, especially during the winter months. I'm constantly crossing creeks and in the snow/wet grass. I really use and abuse my boots and it's nice to have a boot that lasts a bit longer.

Not the models you are looking at specifically, but I've been wearing a pair of Crispi Lapponia's nearly every day for about 6 months and they are incredibly comfortable and equally tough. Based on my experience i would vote for the leather boots.