Creating a Tac Shotgun

jamaro

If this is in the wrong place sorry about that but I am not sure where is goes...

OK.. All this AR flying off the shelves really has me thinking.. I was thinking about breaking the back and getting a few but I started thinking... IF all hell does break loose I could get my hands on a AR so I am not worried about that, what I would rather do is spend that money on some solid firearm training... NOT some cheesy CCL class but a real training session... Maybe a week or so...

MY POINT is...
I have an Rem 870 that I used for turkeys back in the day but now I am really looking at converting it from a hunter to a tactical weapon... BUT before I start my project I am looking for ideas???? Has anybody else done this? Any ideas???

Thanks
J-
PS.. I figure I could have a shotgun in every room of my house and it still be more cost effective that 1 AR...

If this is in the wrong place sorry about that but I am not sure where is goes...

OK.. All this AR flying off the shelves really has me thinking.. I was thinking about breaking the back and getting a few but I started thinking... IF all hell does break loose I could get my hands on a AR so I am not worried about that, what I would rather do is spend that money on some solid firearm training... NOT some cheesy CCL class but a real training session... Maybe a week or so...

MY POINT is...
I have an Rem 870 that I used for turkeys back in the day but now I am really looking at converting it from a hunter to a tactical weapon... BUT before I start my project I am looking for ideas???? Has anybody else done this? Any ideas???

Thanks
J-
PS.. I figure I could have a shotgun in every room of my house and it still be more cost effective that 1 AR...

Just get a 18 or 20 inch barrel, you are in business.

Check out magpuldynamics.com "art of the dynamic shotgun" video. It is worth watching, and will give you some ideas on setting up a "defensive" (I HATE that "T" word) shotgun.

thank you

Seriously, Robar, Scattergun tech all do great 870 work. Depends on what you are trying to accomplish really. The 870 is reliable. Training in its use as a defensive and offensive platform is money better spent than on the weap. They do jam. A shorter barrel, instruction and practice are always the first steps with the shotty.

Started with a 870 wingmaster, added 18in barrel, extended mag tube, barrel/magtube clamp with sling attachment, Magpul collapsible stock, sidesaddle shell holder. Works like a champ, but it does slap ya around a bit. Helps me sleep peacefully at night.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.