Cranking up the RPM

The issue would be that the straight wall restrictions make the case maximum 1.8". Now if you're just talking about something fun and cool to shoot, I completely agree.

The 45 raptor maximizes what can be done with straight wall cartridges and stay legal. Honestly, it's overkill for deer.View attachment 234096
Exit hole with 250 maker t rex bullet.
Well ****.. cause a 2.5" straight wall woulda been really entertaining

my 338 Edge was chambered by running in a 338 RUM reamer in deeper, regular Redding 338 Edge dies work for reloading and accuracy is stellar, can def see a little bulging at the web with max loads but haven't had any issues yet, primer pockets give up before I run into any hard sizing issues or case head separation

with the 284 case vs the RPM there is more length and will have more bulging that could create problems after a couple firings on the brass

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has built wildcats off the RPM case. I've been looking for info on a 30-6.5 RPM reamer and dies, not finding any info.

Yeah i'm surprised there's no interest in this thing. It really is a little different. I think a monster 6mm on this case would be a great experiment. Right on that line of way past diminishing returns OR absolute monster….only one way to find out

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has built wildcats off the RPM case. I've been looking for info on a 30-6.5 RPM reamer and dies, not finding any info.
Tough time to be wildcatting with componet shortages and die makers backed up.
I think the 7mm or 30 cal would be ideal although the 6.5 version hasn't disappointed so far

Adam Weatherby tested a 30 RPM this spring on a bear. Weatherby will be coming out with it sooner than later as a factory load.
May have been a 338. On brian calls podcast they said adam had a 338 but Brian often misspeaks
- also what a slick rifle
Ti action
Carbon fiber barrel

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-205908_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-205908_YouTube.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 86
That is very interesting that Weatherby is testing the RPM case. Maybe it is due to the last year and half being so screwed up but I was thinking there would be more going on in regards to this case. I need to check with my smith on a 6CM build I have being done, I'll have to ask him if he is hearing anything on the 30 RPM.

That is very interesting that Weatherby is testing the RPM case. Maybe it is due to the last year and half being so screwed up but I was thinking there would be more going on in regards to this case. I need to check with my smith on a 6CM build I have being done, I'll have to ask him if he is hearing anything on the 30 RPM.
They're having supply chain issues like everyone else. On the weatherby podcast they hunter they have some bug surprises coming but have to get the supplies to support existing products before releasing them.