Coyotes In Your Pocket - A Quest To Shotgun Coyotes

ADMIN

Administrator
New country, new set-up and no real clue of what is coming. Six minutes into the stand a coyote blows out of the brush line just feet from my son, Ben, and I. It has our scent now and it's going hard across the small meadow in front of us. Simultaneous shots from my 12 gauge and Ben's .17 send her skidding through the hay stubble before she makes it 30 yards. Did that really just happen? This is a little more up-close and personal than our normal sets. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Coyotes In Your Pocket - A Quest To Shotgun Coyotes, By Tim Titus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

One of the many things I learned hunting with Tim is how valuable a range finder is even with a shotgun. Had I taken time to pre range the set up I would have taken a relatively easy coming in shot-instead I waited and had to take a harder going away shot at the margins of the ammo's range.

i shot 6 on different stands with a coach gun using copper plated BB'S,and have shot many more with the same load out to almost 70yd's with them [federal 23/4 mags copper plated BB'S] i only use the short one when i am in tall thick brush and i now use a rem with a 18 1/2 inch barrel that holds 6 shots.i have have complete pass thur's at 60yds.

Used 3" lead double B's for years, had kills to 60+ yds... then heard about dead coyote loads, work great but too expensive for this coon, went back to 3" #4 buckshot...load shotgun with BB in tube, #4 as follow up...Most hunting up here in n. wisconsin is woods and swamps, some field shooting, but with people building houses everywhere and in the damndest places, our group is mostly shotgunning coyotes and fox...

morning, try the federal 3" #4 buckshot. there r 41 pellets in the load. very good on yotes

just countrygun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.