Coyotes in extreme cold

Used for spotting incoming at night without spooking them,just make sure hunting at night is legal in your location.Unfortunately our state doesnt allow it,except for land owners using rimfires,I believe.

yotefever, No lights anymore they changed that rule a couple of years ago.

Chris, I grew up in the brown and white house on hwy 113 just south of that water by about a 1/2 mile. I called in my 1 st coyote in those hills to the west of the bay. I was 15 years old in 1985. Never seen a coyote untill that day, 1st time out with some wooden calls I mail ordered.

Like most stupid kids I thought I would wait til he stopped as he circled down wind some 30 yards away. Well he never stopped. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I was addicted, Now they can run all they want, they just die tierd. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif or take a nap after putting a mile between us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Guys,

Well the title of the thread is "Coyotes in extreme cold" but I gotta tell ya, this is one dude that is going to be spending time in my heated shop this weekend, drinking some adult beverages.

30 below up here without the wind chill would not surprise me Sunday morning. My calls don't work at that temp, and neither do I. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim

I had good intentions of making one set last night. I opened the door and closed it just as quick. BUUUUURRRRRRRR

I've got to admit its not looking real promising right now, winds are gusting to 22mph and aren't forcast to die down much overnight. Tomorrows wind forcast 15-25 mph, that just bites.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts