Coyotes around Phoenix?

I c-clamp the press to the wood stand and hold the back end of it and that's it for seating and just barely bumping the shoulders back. For FL sizing, I can clamp the stand to the bed rails of my truck. Nothing fancy, just functional.

The reason I made the wood stand with such a large top is so that I have plenty of room to put my arbor press and a box of bullets on there when needed.

[ QUOTE ]
My sister recently moved to Phoenix. We'll be visiting soon. I was wondering if there was a good population of coyotes nearby. Guessing there is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes , we have good numbers of them around. You will have to drive out a ways. If your calling be prepared for shots from 10 to 400 yards or more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
UncleB,
I live in Santaquin. I've found quite a few dogs nearby. But, they have more education than I do! Can Arizona really be tougher? I usually go to Nevada. I spent Thanksgiving in Reno. I shot several coyotes while we were out and about. They seemed to pose for proper bullet placement. Not like here!

Ron,
Haven't tried sets at the golf course. Good idea!

[/ QUOTE ]
grit,
Reno is nothing like Phoenix, Phoenix is like a little Los Angeles, millions of people driving everywhere trying to get away from millions of other people.
Yes there are plenty of coyotes in Arizona but around Phoenix be prepared to drive farther out of "The Valley of the Sun" than 10's of thousands of other people.
UB

[ QUOTE ]
Is that Uncleb 6mm br imp. with a 1 1/4 krieger barrel? Looks like a mini Moag. IP

[/ QUOTE ]
Idaho Preacher,
You must have too much time on your hand's to notice who's guns goodgrouper is shooting, but on the other hand I have had a hard time deciding on what to name this fine little P-Shooter. Mini-MOAG has a nice ring to it.
UB

UncleB
As far as names for your 6br improve, Mini Moag is good but consider these names, Half Pint Moag, (Quarter Pounder)Qp Moag, Sister Moag(great for sunday shooting lol), Pup Moag, Mama Moag, Let us know! Idaho Preacher

What is the farthest you have ever shot one? Not counting any rifles that need wheels, who shot the longest one?

As for the non-resident license thing, use your sister's address as your "residence." Go to the DMV for an ID card only, using your sister's address as your "residence." They take a picture and issue you an ID with no questions asked, other than your having to fill out the usual ID request form there. The ID card gives you the same privileges as an actual driver's license, other than for driving. You then have to wait three months before you are eligible to get a hunting license. I got an ID, went to Walmart, took a chance, and got a hunting license right away without the clerk's looking at the date on the ID. All they can do is say "no" if they see that you have been there under three months. Anyway, this is the way you can bypass the non-residency fee. The residency fee is far lower. The ID also entitles you to buy firearms and ammunition, even though you really live out-of-state.
Sotcha deal.

Last edited:
Have a shotgun or bow? Most cities in AZ now you can legally hunt coyotes in city limits. There are a lot of good places to hunt yotes in the area. I grew up and spent 20 years in Mesa. See them quite often just about later in the evenings. Have taken quite a few myself out in the good ol' desert.

I think you will need a non-resident small game license, which is pretty costly.

If you are a resident, it costs a little over $30. You need either an ID card (you need an AZ address) or driver's license. Either way, you need to be there for IIRC six months after you get your ID or Driver's license before you can be issued a hunting license. No tags are required for coyotes.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts