Coyotes are really tough characters (Deleted)

I did'nt see the pic, but I use to trap coyote & fox when the fur prices was high. Gotta be carful about bashing it! this is starting to sound Liberal IMO! which is one reason the fur market crashed. Remember, there is many people that believe shooting coyotes is just as inhumane.
They don't own cattle or other livestock ! Lose a $1,000 - $1,200 bull calf and you'll it would change there minds

Maybe I'm preaching, but we need to support all legal outdoor activities as we do our preferred sports. I have no desire to knife a pig. But I will support you in sticking one as vigorously as I support my right to shoot a duck. We need to get off our self righteous ways and stick together.

Ok now off the soapbox and self righteousness. :/

Obey trapping laws. I didnt do it since I couldnt legally comply with the requirement to check the traps daily. Trapping and livestock can be a difficult combo unless the traps are outside the fence that contains the livestock

I was "TOLD ONCE" at the ranch where we deer hunted...if you shoot at a coyote it better be a dead coyote or you will spend all deer season looking for that coyote.....a wounded coyote will come back to the calving area and eat on their new calves....
The picture OP put up looked like a new catch and release snare trap...
Didn't look like the leg was broken...just caught above the paw...
Hose to say the other leg was lost to a trap...maybe it was hit by a car while feeding on roadkill hare..........now we can't show longrange roadkill......lol...

At the "ranch"whoever told you the wounded coyotes will come back and go after their calves are blow hards. All coyotes go after calves. All coyotes hang around and eat the afterbirth which puts them in direct contact with the calves. Not to mention food is scarce for a coyote that time of year so of course they hang around the easy food source. I've shot more coyotes than I can remember right around the preggo lots. And none of them were previously wounded. A wounded coyote is not likley to work with another coyote to take a calf and is weaker and slower than an unwounded one. I don't give me the desperate wounded bs. It's called mange and it's nature's way of wounding coyotes.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.