Coyotes and wild dogs.

I have found that when I was dealing with management if I really needed something I had to let them think of it . So what worked for me was to just talk about it with someone not in management close enough for those that counted to over hear it . Then in a few weeks they would figure that you had forgotten about it and make it their idea . I'm just a little guy that likes to not be in the spot lite any way let them pat their own back all they want. Just smile shake your head and know the reality of it for your self you won without the fight .

I have found that when I was dealing with management if I really needed something I had to let them think of it . So what worked for me was to just talk about it with someone not in management close enough for those that counted to over hear it . Then in a few weeks they would figure that you had forgotten about it and make it their idea . I'm just a little guy that likes to not be in the spot lite any way let them pat their own back all they want. Just smile shake your head and know the reality of it for your self you won without the fight .

You, Sir, have THE SECRET. I spent thirty years working for a big company that had a ton of mid-level managers, all jockeying for position, and back-stabbing their way to the top of the management totem pole. It was an airline company, and had nearly as many assistant chief pilots as they had line pilots for them to "supervise." Whenever there was a problem to be solved the absolute last thing anybody was going to do was what the captain suggested. We captains had to figure out a way to make our input into the problem-solving process look like it was their idea. The managers all needed to be the hero who had saved the day, and whenever I was able to put the bug in someone's ear in such a manner that he could work it into the system for his own personal career advancement, we would soon see the idea implemented. Often, I would make a point of down-playing the idea and just sort of mention it in passing. Then, as soon as I went around the corner, the managers would mull it over and pretty quickly one of them would issue the edict and I would respond "Yes, Sir !! Great idea, Sir." It was comical how well this worked, but if anybody had recognized that the tail was wagging the dog, it would have blown up in an instant.

To me, the very obvious choice is 12g with buckshot. Less chance of a high velocity bullet missing or ricocheting. No worries about wounding. Guaranteed DRT with no headshot required. One shot and done.
Complainers are going to complain about anything.
Hopefully your department would have your back and inform the complainers of that.
Just my .02.

And, it's rural TN for goodness sake! Can't tell me they've never heard a gunshot!!!

Steve

I use my 6x45 for all my dog needs they never move one shot there down and done last year had 65 dogs come to the calls this year over 78 and counting a lot of people let there dogs run wild when they move to this area a bad choice for the dog as they have no idea as to the repercussions of packing up and running lose. I have a savage 93 17 hmr that takes dogs down but have had to use more than one shot at imes, got the 22lr and 22wmr these are alll fine weapons but down on one is the best way

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.