Coyote with 6.5

Nice looking setup and a good coyote!! What model vortex and howa??
Howa heavy barrel 6.5 with multicam stock ( which now is a KRG Bravo) Vortex HS in 4-16x50 ( which is now a Vortex golden eagle 15-60x52 for benchrest varmint) has been a very accurate rifle. when barrel is shot out it's going to be a 6.5x47 Lapua.

UPDATE:
Sold my 6.5 CM Ruger American Predator.

Bought a 6.5 CM Browning X-Bolt Pro "mountain rifle" (6 lbs. 1 oz.)
This rifle is Browning's top-of-the-line rifle and has several custom features. It's my new coyote, antelope, deer and cow elk rifle. VERY accurate, as in 1/2 MOA with 140 gr. Hornady ELD-M factory match ammo.

Scope-> SWFA 3 - 15 x 42 FFP, mil/mil, side focus. Very good glass & coatings.
Rings-> Talley burnt bronze Cerakote (matches the rifle's Cerakote color) W/ top of rear ring a Talley bubble level.

Look out Wiley!

Eric B.
P.S. Big Daddy, You have a Japanese Howa and my Browning is a Japanese Miroku. Those Nipponese can make some very accurate rifles, as good as anything SAKO makes.

Last edited:
geo,
I'll try to get some photos of the X-bolt Pro up tomorrow,

This summer I'm hoping to put a MARCH 3 - 24 x 42, FFP, mil/mil, side focus, illuminated scope on it IF I can save enough dinero. This particular MARCH scope ia the lightest I can find that would work well here in the western US where shots are long. MARCH is a small Japanese company and uses only ED glass in all their lenses.

The only other scope that comes close in weight, reticle, illumination, etc. is the Bushnell LRH 3 - 18 x 44, a really nice scope in their ELITE line. None of their d@mn Chinese scopes for me!

Eric B.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.