coyote tourney tomorrow!

Woody26

Well the annual trading post coyote tournament is tomorrow and to say im excited is an understatement. Been holding off the trigger all fall for this. The foxpro firestorm is charging as we speak. For weapons i will be shooting berger 64 grain fb out of the trusty 22-250 savage 12 bvss 1/12 twist. Backup is gonna be the savage fcp-k in 25/06 with 115 berger vlds. Cant wait for the first stand of the morning. Will post details after its over.

Sorry its late but lets say it didnt go as planned! First set... set the firestorm about 10 yards in front of me. Picked a little lighting jack, hit send, turned up to half volume, reached to grab my gun and looked up to see a yote Comin in hot! Lets just say i shot to keep him from running me over. Yotes 1-Us-0. 2nd set called in a pair, and i redeemed myself. Yotes 1-us 1. To keep this short the end tally was yotes 11- us 2. It was pathetic!! But i guess it goes like that somedays. I guess i learned my lesson to always pack the shotgun. We called in dogs all day. Just wished they wouldnt have come in so hard. Oh well, it was still fun. Got another at the end of the month, hopefully it goes better.
Results of the tourney were
1st- 7
2nd-6
3rd-6

I feel your pain. That's what led me into shotgunning coyotes that I wrote about in this month's article, "Coyotes in Your Pocket". Missing hot coyotes in a tournament will cause nightmares. :) Glad you had a good time anyway. That's the main thing.

Tt35 you can bet your ......(I'll choose better vocabulary) bottom dollar I'll be packin the shotgun next tournament. I got 2 coming up in January. It was about, $2000 lesson learned the hard way.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.