Coyote night Equitment

Roofman

I was looking on the internet for a night scope for coyotes, there was one it was a atn scope with a
Range finder and it video records the game you are shooting at, anyone have any experience with this scope or other s and what's your gun set up

I don't have any experience with them. ATN has a reputation for poor quality and bad CS. Having said that I am tempted to try one but haven't dared.

Short answer for a reliable entry scope I'd look at a Bearing Optics Hogster and put it on a Bobro qd mount so you can take it on and off your rifle somewhat easily with claimed return to zero repeatability. What your going to find is a rifle scope alone doesn't cut it. Your going to want a hand held scanner also. Scanning with a weapon mounted optic is not good on several levels. Your going to also want a tripod for your rifle (more like need of you don't have a scanner) welcome to the rabbit hole! I had a nightstalker from nightgoggles and wouldn't recommend one. I now have a nightstalker pro model and have been happy with it.

I strongly suggest staying as far away from Pulsar as possible. They don't hold zero and are garbage as far as I'm concerned. Good luck!

I don't have any experience with them. ATN has a reputation for poor quality and bad CS. Having said that I am tempted to try one but haven't dared.

Short answer for a reliable entry scope I'd look at a Bearing Optics Hogster and put it on a Bobro qd mount so you can take it on and off your rifle somewhat easily with claimed return to zero repeatability. What your going to find is a rifle scope alone doesn't cut it. Your going to want a hand held scanner also. Scanning with a weapon mounted optic is not good on several levels. Your going to also want a tripod for your rifle (more like need of you don't have a scanner) welcome to the rabbit hole! I had a nightstalker from nightgoggles and wouldn't recommend one. I now have a nightstalker pro model and have been happy with it.

I strongly suggest staying as far away from Pulsar as possible. They don't hold zero and are garbage as far as I'm concerned. Good luck!
What kind of tripod and height of one do you use? And are you scanning with a monocular if so which brand and model, this is a lot of help think u

I miss under stood the night stalker is the tripod
Ok

No specific recommendation but something with a 2.5 base magnification or less (lower base mag = wider field of view) If you have the funds, 640 resolution.

The e-calls work excellent, I wouldn't go without one. Ultimately the coyotes have to want to respond so it's no given but definitely a valuable tool.

I highly recommend Luck Duck (Revolt or Roughneck) if your in the market. Much better than the Foxpro CS24C and Krakatoa II I've owned.

I've been using thermal for the past three seasons. They are a game changer. Worth the money to me and I'm about as blue collar as it gets.