Coyote killed my dog.

Update I have not gotten the coyote I have killed a fox but the coyote has just started coming back. I saw him before I left for japan. I will get back in the states next wed so my cure for jet lag when i cant sleep will be sit in the stand.

Due to PETA ..Friends of Animals Humane Society...And those other Nut Asses
They keep it under wraps and secret. I still shoot live birds (pigeons) and you need
an invitation to get past the guard at the gate. Idiots with no lives telling ME what I can do...HA HA! When someone loses a right EVERYONE loses! They have driven Cock Fighting underground (they can't stop it) Everyone says "Oh it's just crazy Hillbillys and Latins Who cares?" Well the spiral gets smaller with every turn! They WILL get to hunting then Fishing...Then what..Too late!

Last edited:
Place some bait out for him preferably frozen and to the ground so he can't carry it off. He will come. Place it around 100yards out and get your centerfire ready. Has worked great for me.

Place some bait out for him preferably frozen and to the ground so he can't carry it off. He will come. Place it around 100yards out and get your centerfire ready. Has worked great for me.
Scatter some cat or dog chow so they have to pick it up one at a time, mix it in with dirt or bury it, they will take their time and give you a shot.

I have a few acres and I use MB-650 steel traps! A lot safer than shooting in a neighborhood. Quiet and sneaky is best. Easy to hide and they work.
Get the good ones with the cast offset jaws and a trap setter. They have 4 very strong springs! F&T post is a good supply house. I wish a coyote would try my Pit or Linda's Rotty!
https://www.fntpost.com/Products/MB...te+Bobcat+Coil+Spring+Trap+(Offset+Cast+Jaws)
Two cotoytes can easily kill one domestic dog as they hunt all the time and go for the throat - and have long teeth. One distracts at the tail - while the other slyly slips in - and grabs the dog by the neck. An animal control officer here in San Diego said the killed a big mean German Shepard on a small farm here in 5 minutes.

I also live in a somewhat rural area and own about a dozen acres. About 20 years ago I had a couple of coyotes chase my Brittany to my porch. I needed let the dog run for daily excercise so I fenced off about a half acre off the back of my house. About a week later, I found my Brit and a coyote nose to nose, growling on each side of the fence! A couple of months later a neighbors dog got killed by a coyote. 30 years ago coyotes were a rarity in the Northeast.......and rabbits "were" plentiful. Coyotes run big up here (+45), supposedly a wolf hybrid that migrated from the North. They are so plentiful that it's the only game animal allowed to be taken with a centerfire Rifle in our state, as motivation for hunting them.
Two cotoytes can easily kill one domestic dog as they hunt all the time and go for the throat - and have long teeth. One distracts at the tail - while the other slyly slips in - and grabs the dog by the neck. An animal control officer here in San Diego said the killed a big mean German Shepard on a small farm here in 5 minutes.

Two cotoytes can easily kill one domestic dog as they hunt all the time and go for the throat - and have long teeth. One distracts at the tail - while the other slyly slips in - and grabs the dog by the neck. An animal control officer here in San Diego said teo coyote - 30 lbs each or so down here - killed a big mean German Shepard male - 100 lbs - on a small farm here in 5 minutes. Had him laid out in no time.

No Way! Catch a couple I'll bring one of my males. I'll prove what I'm claiming.
PS..bring a fist full of cash I enjoy a good wager. A German Shepherd is not a fighting/catch dog he doesn't have the breeding. That's not what they are for!
I sell pups to Hog Hunters all the time. They don't use German Shepherds or
Coyotes! Wonder Why? In fact I have a waiting list? Pups are a ton of work and
I have cut back some.

Last edited:
I cannot begin to relate how much I hate coyotes and feral dogs. My best friend John and I were trying to prove the danger they posed to infants and children. The resident tree huggers were assuring people that no coyote would attack a child. We were filming hunts for TV at the time so we bought an articulated infant doll. We gathered up a bunch of soiled baby diapers and made a loop tape of a baby crying that we used on our predator caller. We had hours of coyotes coming in to check out the baby. About 1/2 came to within feet of the doll. Several hit the doll. We determined that the coyotes could hear the motor in the doll. But we proved that given the opportunity a coyote sees a baby/child as food. Unfortunately, John died of a stroke while we were editing. The coyote film and 100 hours of Africa materials vanished.

I'm not saying I ever did this.
Anyway, I hear that if a person uses appropriate bait (rabbits/chicken/woodchuck) with guts hanging) hung 4' off the ground rigged on a tuna sized treble hook using 1100lb wire, they can kill a lot of coyotes. I understand that the coyote jumps and bites the bait. It gets hooked but cannot get its rear feet on the ground and cannot escape the hook. Works particularly well on young coyotes. Would probably work around chicken houses and farms using the bait the coyote expects to find. They all die. THE END!
(Watch your dogs)
A lot cheaper than 100 traps.

Attachments

• 2C015DF4-78F0-4687-94D6-7E3791AE7DC2.jpeg
    2C015DF4-78F0-4687-94D6-7E3791AE7DC2.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 124
I must been lucky with my dog Lucy. I would watch a coyote running across a field after her. She would get up on the berm and stand tall ready for action. The coyote usually would take one look and do a 180 she did not tolerate coyotes or poodles.
Never lost a fight. Fastest fighter I ever seen. My other dog Gator would not stand a chance. He made too many friends with deer

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.