Coyote hunting

Good shooting:) what caliber? My coyote hunting partner and I both shoot savages his is LRP 243 my is mod. 10xp 22-250. Went out on Sunday and he got one at 401yd.

Nice shooting. Any pics. I have been going after the yotes a good amount this past few weeks and haven't had any luck. Had a nice set up with a fox pro and a roadkill deer carcasse while I sat back 598 yards back with my 260. Rem with 140hybrids but no dogs appeared.

New 204. Ruger should be here tomorrow! Can't wait to get her setup and try and blow some dogs over. Love that little round

Matt What brand is the new 204? I just finished putting together an AR 204 can't what to try it out. On coyotes that is I've already shot it a bit and so far I couldn't be happier.

Matt What brand is the new 204? I just finished putting together an AR 204 can't what to try it out. On coyotes that is I've already shot it a bit and so far I couldn't be happier.

My main coyote gun was originally a Remington 700 sps stainless with just a 3-9x40 redfield in 204 Ruger. It was actually my old mans but he wanted me to do load development on it and i realized how much I love that little round I just held on to it for a little while. Shot a bunch of crows, coons, skunks, and 2 coyotes with it. It's that time of year where we start hunting coyotes pretty hard and I finally decided to give it back.

I just purchased a Remington 700 VSSF II in 204 Ruger, have a timney trigger sitting here waiting for it. It should be here tomorrow. My old mans gun loved the 39gr Sierra blitzkings and with the high bc and they way they put those coyotes down with authority that's where I'll start with mine too. And I'll try the 35gr bergers

That should put the smack down on the coyotes the VSSF ll looks sick!! I'm thinkin 204 should be the perfect thing for skunks blow the stink right out of em.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.