Coyote Hunting Gear

ADMIN

Administrator
A few years ago I was fortunate to draw both an elk tag and a mule deer tag. I still-hunted within 35 yards of my four point buck while he fed on buck brush and I dropped my five point bull elk at 75 yards as he left a pine draw and moved onto a scab flat with his cows. Both animals were one shot kills dispatched with relative calm, yet both were exciting in their own way. But when the first coyote of the season came running to my calls, I nearly blew the whole thing as Coyote Fever gripped me! Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Coyote Hunting Gear By Tim Titus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Some more good tips in this article. Very nice I enjoyed reading it.
Will be trying some of those tips soon. I like the idea of the arrow shaft and the tied feather, will see how it works.

Very nicely written article, Tim. I usually don't use a bipod and have been successful by just holding the rifle across my knee(s). You are quite right in that the shooter should be comfortable. I usually use a buttpad and/or a beach chair that allows me to lean back and see the terrain....especially if I am located on a hill and can look down. I am one who is a "minimalist" in that I take as few things as possible due to a bad back. I have found that a large back pack is helpful, and pack it with my camo cover net, caller (Fox Pro and hand calls), binoculars, range-finder, water, snacks, etc. Every piece of equipment means extra weight...especially if I must take a long hike to get to the shooting location.

Tim that was a very good article. I'm guilty of trying knew gear if I think it might help. The one thing I haven't tried though is a coyote decoy. I've thought about it, but I have yet to convince myself I want to lug one around. May just have to bite the bullet and pick one up soon though as I would really like to see what kind of reactions it would get.
Troy

Troy: I've honestly been thinking the same thing. I have some misgivings based on other experience but you never know....

Tim
No Off Season
Predator and Vamint Gear
"No crowds, no limits, no seasons...no bad days."

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.