Coyote country

Looks like a fun trip but honestly I want a build breakdown on that rifle. Looks like a hell of a pea shooter
Thanks!
The build is a 591 surgeon action that I used to PRS shoot with. It's probably got at least 7000 rounds on the action, butter smooth! Proof 22" barrel, Thunderbeast can, Trigger Tech diamond and a carbon McMillan game warden.

Great story and a good way to jolt us all back to consciousness and realize good times like this are meant to be spent with loved ones. We should all be doing something like this, not only for the family and loving aspect but to spread our love of the outdoors, hunting and shooting. All it will take is a gap in one generation to lose it all, or most of it.

I lived in the Tri-cites area (Richland) back in 2006-2009 time frame. What a beautiful and diverse state. I bought a Savage 112, 300WinMag from a gun shop in Union Gap (Hammer's) and it's still going strong (2nd barrel though!). Glad you posted.

My Mom took me hunting days after I was born. I learned to hunt and shoot from her. Never will find that first gun though. It was a daisy red ryder 5 shot pellet rifle with wood furniture. Bought at the western auto in Roseburg oregon, 1973. Those are memories to cherish forever. Thank you for sharing

Great story and a good way to jolt us all back to consciousness and realize good times like this are meant to be spent with loved ones. We should all be doing something like this, not only for the family and loving aspect but to spread our love of the outdoors, hunting and shooting. All it will take is a gap in one generation to lose it all, or most of it.

I lived in the Tri-cites area (Richland) back in 2006-2009 time frame. What a beautiful and diverse state. I bought a Savage 112, 300WinMag from a gun shop in Union Gap (Hammer's) and it's still going strong (2nd barrel though!). Glad you posted.

Thank you for the kind words sir! We have some pretty cool country in Central and Eastern Wa. I wish Hammers was still around, but we have a few good gun shops left.

I left the house on Wednesday to hunt coyotes tell Friday. The first day saw at least 12 coyotes all over 500 yards and moving, not interested in being called in at all. So lots of hiking and taking several long shots. Went 1 for 4....

The next Day I picked up my adventurous mother a few hours away. We loaded up the truck with her gear and set out for an overnighter in coyote country! We hiked over 8 miles on Thursday and my mom is a champ!!! She is always up for an adventure! We saw three and only had a shot on one, just a tad over 400 yards. We had an awesome time, never used the Foxpro once. I would have liked to shoot a few more yotes, but the adventure was so worth it!

Bob
View attachment 258832View attachment 258833View attachment 258834View attachment 258835
Everyone's dream come true! And you lived it! SWEET!

I left the house on Wednesday to hunt coyotes tell Friday. The first day saw at least 12 coyotes all over 500 yards and moving, not interested in being called in at all. So lots of hiking and taking several long shots. Went 1 for 4....

The next Day I picked up my adventurous mother a few hours away. We loaded up the truck with her gear and set out for an overnighter in coyote country! We hiked over 8 miles on Thursday and my mom is a champ!!! She is always up for an adventure! We saw three and only had a shot on one, just a tad over 400 yards. We had an awesome time, never used the Foxpro once. I would have liked to shoot a few more yotes, but the adventure was so worth it!

Bob
View attachment 258832View attachment 258833View attachment 258834View attachment 258835
you are one lucky guy.. and your mom is soooooooo cute!!! i miss mine...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.