coyote calling in ohio

shanman2004

Hello just wondering if any one had any ips fo calling in ohio. I use a foxpro spitfire and have called a couple in last year. and a fox. But i normaly see more coon than anything. Did know if their was any really good sounds that seem to work good? I use maily the rabbit in distress, coyote pup, and coon fight. They are all on it from the factory. thanks

I have been calling in the daytime on a sheep farm, but have so far only had 1 coyote approach (to 300yds where I couldn't see him), otherwise they stay hidden. I am betting things will improve in winter when they are cold and more pressured to eat. And it will be easier to see the tracks and find the dens.

I have yet to kill a coyote over a call in Ohio. We did call one in a nite, but he busted us before Gene could get off a shot. I`m thinking that we have been useing the call to loud. Gene`s call had weak batterys the last time we were out and I could not even hear it 40 yrds from him, but I could hear the coyotes answering back from about 300 yrds. out.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.