Coyote Caliber Dialing Long Distance

I'm not having any trouble competing at 600 yards against the 6mm's with the 90 vld at 3140. I can see where it would be capable of over 3200 but I left it where it likes to be. Just about to help a friend build a load for a 6mm with a carbon 6 and we will shoot both out to 1000 and I suspect he will do better than me but out to 600 I wouldn't say there's much of an advantage

With those constraints, I would just use my old 243 bull barrel 700. I miss too many head shots over 500 yards anyway.

OK, after researching and talking to my Barrel guy..."Yes" I have a Barrel guy, lol
Going with my Left Hand Rem 700 SA, 24" Barrel to make my .22 Creedmoor.
Shooting 75gr ELD-Match bullet
Set in my wood Rem 700 Left Hand stock , old school with a new caliber.

Last edited:
OK, after researching and talking to my Barrel guy..."Yes" I have a Barrel guy, lol
Going with my Left Hand Rem 700 LA, 24" Barrel to make my .22 Creedmoor.
Shooting 75gr ELD-Match bullet
Set in my wood Rem 700 Left Hand stock , old school with a new caliber.

That combo will work. Surprised you chose the 75 but boy will it scoot out of that Creed case! Most of the guys here running 22-243 are running 75-80 grain pills at around 3500fps. I would advise getting the best brass you can find: Lapua, Peterson, ADG OCD... It certainly helps.

t

That combo will work. Surprised you chose the 75 but boy will it scoot out of that Creed case! Most of the guys here running 22-243 are running 75-80 grain pills at around 3500fps. I would advise getting the best brass you can find: Lapua, Peterson, ADG OCD... It certainly helps.

t
Thanks Outlaw6.0.
That's what I was reading this morning on brass it must take it's toll on it.
How long is your brass standing up?

I ran a .22-250 AI with 75 grainers for a while…. 6 Creed/.243 was noticeably more effective on coyotes, especially past 350-400 yards.

Regarding brass; I'd go Alpha SRP brass in the .22 Creed, unless you're doing your coyote hunting in sub-freezing temps. I've had ignition issues with SRPs and 40+ grain powder charges in cold weather.

My coyote rifle is a 22-250 that my smith (pm me if you want his info, S2i, Bismarck, ND facebook) has rebarreled, among other things. I'm using 75gr Hornady bullets both ELDM and HPBT both running just over 3200 fps. When saving hides the ELDM is too nasty inside of 500 yards, in the shell carrier I have ELDM to load for longer shots. My longest with this rifle is 610 yards, just haven't had opportunities beyond that yet. On the cheat sheet on the side of the rifle the left column is for ELDM and the short middle is HPBT, after 650 I use ELDM, right column is wind in inches at 10 mph.

Attachments

• IMG_1913.jpeg
    IMG_1913.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1914.jpeg
    IMG_1914.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1916.jpeg
    IMG_1916.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1912.jpeg
    IMG_1912.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
My coyote rifle is a 22-250 that my smith (pm me if you want his info, S2i, Bismarck, ND facebook) has rebarreled, among other things. I'm using 75gr Hornady bullets both ELDM and HPBT both running just over 3200 fps. When saving hides the ELDM is too nasty inside of 500 yards, in the shell carrier I have ELDM to load for longer shots. My longest with this rifle is 610 yards, just haven't had opportunities beyond that yet. On the cheat sheet on the side of the rifle the left column is for ELDM and the short middle is HPBT, after 650 I use ELDM, right column is wind in inches at 10 mph.
Thanks for the information.
This barrel I will do the install on.
24" Stainless .22 Creedmoor on my Rem 700