Coyote at 1041 yards with my 6.5-284 Norma

coltac:

you are not by chance from John Day oregon are you. that place looks very familiar.

so does your rig.
??

yes, i am in john day oregon. i shot that coyote of some private land just west of dixie crk rd. who are you? youve seen my rifle?

as far as the scope that is on the rifle, you may laugh.... its a 6-24x60mm barska tactiacl scope. i bought one as my first target scope for my 220 swift sendero, and it tracked so well that i bought another one for my 6.5. Money was an issue at the time obviously. i hate to say it, but it tracks as well as any scope ive ever used... even my dads nightforce it seems. its obviously not as high quality, or clear as the NF, but always makes the shot, and never loses zero. idk, maybe im lucky with this one.

colt: I sat next to you in the range information thing. I am the tall skinny guy that took your number and lost it now, but i have the 338 lapua. I will be shooting at the range this sat and would like to talk about what you are doing. your dad told me about your rifle and how it drove tacks and you were shooting it way out. nice shot by the way and when I get my 6.5-06 back I would like to soot them side by side.

look me up in the book
Marc LeQuieu
Mount Vernon

Did you screw a sling stud into that stock? I've got the same rifle in 6br and was wandering if there was a way to attach a bipod to it.

Yes i predrilled and screwed a sling stud into my stock. Not as nice for shooting from sand now, but I don't do a lot of that anyhow.

That is one serious shot there!
It is hard to beat Savage for out of the box accuracy. Mine have all been tack drivers.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.