Coyote 0 meat 3

meat head

I went DEER Hunting 5 times 3 with a Bow & killed 2 coyotes went this weekend openig for rifle killed 1 they are bad on the hunting lease need advice on a good call electronic or mouth a friend use to have a good mouth call but lost it and dont remember the name a friend said breeding season was coming up next month it would be the best time to call them up all advice is welcome from you guys who do this alot thanks great hunting everyone gun):)

once the snow flies and hunting deer season is over the gravy call will be rabbit or fawn in distress. The cold temps will make their food sources hold up, snow will make it way harder to mouse. Breeding season is later, between late Jan. and early march. Fox pro spitefire is a great entry level E-calller and is around $200.

I use hand calls even when hunting Alberta where E-callers are legal. They are a ton of fun.
Primos has a stricktly instuctional video with Randy Anderson. Randy is a great caller and has a good way of teaching, and is funny to boot. Im not a big fan of primos calls, but their videos are great.

If you want to be serious about it, and E-callers are legal, get one of the mid-end Fox-pro models and team it with a Mojo critter or similar. Its almost cheating when you can have a moving devoy 30 yards out (thats fine with me, I just want them dead).

The two biggest things to remember are 1- sit still. If you think you sit still, sit stiller.
2-KEEP THE WIND AT YOUR BACK. deer hunters have have a hard time with it, but dogs will 98% of the time circle to wind you. Even if it means walking into the open.

That's good advise. Face downwind. An electric call would be great to use until you learned how to use mouth calls. I prefer mouth calls just makes it more exciting. I use several but I do like the Hot Dog and Ki Yi the best. You can make just about any squeal and howl with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.