Cow elk- close

If you don't gut , you don't get the " Fillet Mignon". Inside, up against the back bone. The supreme cut. Worth every effort to me.
Not sure what you are referring to. I/we/you/anyone can get every piece of meat excluding internal organs you want to eat and never deal with one bit of gut or sloshing blood. If you talking about the Tenderloins you get them from the hip joint up to about the 3rd rib where they end and again wont be touching any internals. Edit, looks like it was covered apologize for repeating the repeated.

The word calber and "chambering" are of then used interchangeably. Most people ask what "caliber" is your rifle and what they really mean is what cartridge is your rifle chambered for. The OP is referring to a 260 Remington which is a .264 caliber.
Understood. Thanks for the clarification.

The word calber and "chambering" are of then used interchangeably. Most people ask what "caliber" is your rifle and what they really mean is what cartridge is your rifle chambered for. The OP is referring to a 260 Remington which is a .264 caliber.
Correct. My rifle is a Savage , model 16 stainless. Chambered in the .260 Rem. cartridge. You could call it a .308 necked down to 6.5, .264.
Also, here is a picture of what my elk looks like after I'm thru.

Attachments

• Bones 001.JPG
    Bones 001.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 104
Correct. My rifle is a Savage , model 16 stainless. Chambered in the .260 Rem. cartridge. You could call it a .308 necked down to 6.5, .264.

The one thing we don't strIp the meat of are the ribs. My wife loves grilled ribs, if I were to strip the meat of them instead of keeping the rack intact, she would divorce me LOL.

Wow you packed the guts out, that's awesome. And I thought I was doing good packing out lower shanks for osso bocco.