cow elk@1203 yards

way over my head, thought we was talking about finding live stuff way out there and making it dead?
I don't discuss ethics, they are a very personal thing. Anyway GG had a great year, not only for his own enjoyment but that of others, whoever is bustin on him needs to take a look at himself and think what did you do to help our sport.
Why question anothers actions if you aren't there and don't know all the facts. would the head shot elk been any deader if it were shoulder shot? was he lucky? probably, I'd just as least be real lucky as real good. If your a good shot you'll still get flamed by some for shooting game at long range but luck will win ya the lottery!!!
JS

I just deleted mine since they were responses to your posts Nyles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks POP,

Im just gonna grin and be happy that bear got his ELK! And I dont even know him. And the folks that helped him....Hats off to you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Believe me that I am also truly happy that he killed the elk! It's just that the circumstances he got it under are questionable at best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif...like hvyw8t said.

Here are some observations I have come to see on LRH over the years that seem to always show up:

1. No matter how dead an animal is, for some, it can never be dead enough.

2. No matter how many times Len has to ask that ethics not be brought up, there are a select few who can't oblige.

3. If I or my friends make a kill, there is a select few that can't handle it for whatever reason.

4. No matter how I tell a story, there are a select few that believe they were there and think they have a clue as to how it SHOULD have been done.

5. There is a select few that always worry about the "what if's" instead of the "what are's".

6. The select few that cause the previous 5 problems constantly backstab us on other sites and then parade around here like no one is the wiser. Yeah, you know who you are.

7. Those few I mentioned in #6 also never have anything useful or helpful to bring to the table here at LRH. They show no proof that they have ever taken a long range shot before in their life. They just like to stir the pot and see how long it will take before they get booted off here.

Just my simple observations.

Again to the majority who had nothing but kind words, I say thank you very much. You are appreciated. I know Old Bear is still on cloud nine about this hunt and however he did it, he did it and the elk is in his freezer. End of story. Why take the happiness away from a 74 year old man who surely deserves to be happy about his hunt?

Congrats again Old bear and thanks for the memories. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Here are some observations I have come to see on LRH over the years that seem to always show up:

1. No matter how dead an animal is, for some, it can never be dead enough.

2. No matter how many times Len has to ask that ethics not be brought up, there are a select few who can't oblige.

3. If I or my friends make a kill, there is a select few that can't handle it for whatever reason.

4. No matter how I tell a story, there are a select few that believe they were there and think they have a clue as to how it SHOULD have been done.

5. There is a select few that always worry about the "what if's" instead of the "what are's".

6. The select few that cause the previous 5 problems constantly backstab us on other sites and then parade around here like no one is the wiser. Yeah, you know who you are.

7. Those few I mentioned in #6 also never have anything useful or helpful to bring to the table here at LRH. They show no proof that they have ever taken a long range shot before in their life. They just like to stir the pot and see how long it will take before they get booted off here.

Just my simple observations.

Again to the majority who had nothing but kind words, I say thank you very much. You are appreciated. I know Old Bear is still on cloud nine about this hunt and however he did it, he did it and the elk is in his freezer. End of story. Why take the happiness away from a 74 year old man who surely deserves to be happy about his hunt?

Congrats again Old bear and thanks for the memories. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok obviously you're referring to me. No problem at all!
I just say it like it is and sorry that you can not handle it. You and your buddy set up for a 1203 yard on a majestic game animal. I assume your buddy aimed for the classic behind the shoulder shot and not a headshot. He misses, and by luck he hits the head.

So given this you expect me to pat you on the back and congratulate you like some others did? Take a reality pill dude. Ain't gonna happen from me. Personally I believe this post is a classic example why this type of stunt should not be attempted. Instead you're about to get an oscar from many on this site. I can not believe you already recieved the accolades that you have already for this post. But hey that is ok! But do not expect everybody to agree with you and your actions. And just like you would not sit there and take it when you gotta raise the BS flag, I raised it here along with a couple of more posters.
I do not condemn LRH all together. It has a place and a time for this but within limits. In this example, in my opinion, these limits were far exceeded. The fact that the elk wound up headshot proves this. How can anyone deny this. Maybe denial is bliss. Anyway if you're ok with this then do it again. Hell go for 1500 yards next time.

AS far as me "bad mouthing" on another site, I believe I have literally microanalyzed that situation on many posts so I will not repeat same.
Also please note that I did not post my thoughts right of the bat. If my intention was to attack you I would have done so immediately.

As far as not being helpful or useful, you might want to reconsider that statement buddy. I post as many helpful hints based on my experience as I can.

So to sum up do not expect everyone to agree with your philosophies all the time, and stop taking things personally.

We are here to learn from each other and interact with each other. Do not expect to be lauded on evey post GG. It will never happen for anyboby on any forum.

This has nothing to do with taking away anything from anybody. I am sorry you infered that from my post friend. This is not what I was implying. Just calling it as I see it. Maybe its the military thing but I am not really into sugarcoating things when I see something that is wrong in my eyes.

This so called success had everything to do with luck... and thank God it did! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Besides I am sure that Old Bear is not going on a hunger strike because my ideolody differs from his. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just as everybody else I am airing my opinion.

This is the correct analysis of the situation. Me, James S and few others were in a longrange hunting forum on another site minding our own business and Pop and others came up bashing longrange hunting and what we do. The fight has spilled over onto this forum.

Whether ba19500 was innocent or guilty I don't know. He acted like he was part of the fight so I opened fire.

BB:

Please be carefull with your choice of words. Big difference between bashing someone and raising the BS flag. When I do see BS posted I will react, just like everybody else will.
Here we have a guy taking a shot at 1203 yards and hitting the elk on the head .... inadvertently. Almost everybody praises him except me and 2 other people. Can no "hunter' here see anything wrong with this? Nobody except the aforementioned individuals?
Well I saw something really wrong and raised it.

I like being objective and I pride myself on it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.