cow elk@1203 yards

Since you have the higher mag on the scope do you ever use it or do you find yourself settling on 20X for 1,000-1,500 yds.

Thanks

Mule

First off, I hope Ol' Mister Bear hairs over soon! You guys did a fine thing for this gentleman. Please tell me what a 338 Thunder is.

I usually have the scope on 6.5x when hunting and then if a long shot presents itself I will go to 20x if the mirage severity will let me. Sometimes, 15 is as high as you can go and still keep a clear image.

Good news to report:

All the prayers and well wishes helped. Old bear's surgery went better than expected and the damage was not as extensive as the MRI showed it was. He was in and out in half a day. Simple rotator cuff cleanout and re-lube for the doc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GG,

That is one long shot. Congratulations to old bear.
Glad to hear his surgery went well.

What did the 338 Thunder end up with for the season?

JD338

Kirby, the thunder that you built is an awsume piece of work. GG&I have worked together for a long time and have had many memorable experences.Acouple of days before this hunt we were dialing in the thunder for familerazation and my .300 win BrowningS.Stalker also a lefty because of eyesight. I have seen several of your guns and do like your work,Thanks
Old Bear

Dave

wish you could have been there.It was a hoot I didn't even get my heart rate up, must be the age.
the chain up to get out was a little more heart pumping afte we saw Dave J. slipping around on the side of the mountian.It was not the first time I have come out on chains.
Old Bear

good judgment comes from experence,experence comes from bad judgement!!!

I just spoke with Old Bear this morning and he is doing fine. The surgery went well and he is healing up right on schedule. I would not be surprised if he is out and about in no time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Good job Dad, I look forward to a good Elk steak next time we visit.

UtahHunt2006a2.jpg

Hunt2006Small.jpg

Good taste in hunting areas...we hunted the same area (more towards the right) the end of November 06 and went three for three and later our 4th member made it 4 for 4. All were shooting 300's of one flavor or another and ranges averaged about 500 yards.

GG and bear! I want to say congrads for a nice job on the hunt and the pictures and the story, I have not been on here very much since I was raked over the coals from my brothers 605 yrd head shot goat!
That was a fine story! and better yet, the surgery went good on Grizz! you guys have obvisiosly did a lot of home work and spent a lot of time and $ to make that kind of a shot happen!
Once again nice job!

[ QUOTE ]
What did the 338 Thunder end up with for the season?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the season isn't quite over yet. We still have one more cow elk to get before the 15th.

Went out today and found another herd at about 1300 yards, but the wind was howling and it was snowing sideways and we decided to stay in the truck and keep warm instead!

I'll keep you informed....

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.