Covid got me, elk hunt on hold...

My brother is an ER doctor who is vaccinated and he ended up getting it. He was at work when he tested positive and he immediately got the antibody therapy. He said the symptoms only lasted a few days but he said he coughed so much one day that he coughed up blood. I have lung issues from dealing with mold in homes. I am not taking any chances with covid. I hear people talk about the possible long term side effects from the vaccine. There are side effects from covid. I have said this from the beginning. If you get covid and it gets listed on your medical record, you now have a pre-existing condition and you better pray that those protections are never lifted. He says there has not been a single case of a vaccinated person dying from covid in his hospital or the county and no vaccinated people have been admitted to his hospital for covid and he is unaware of any hospitals that have. He has not seen a single case where someone ended up in the hospital as a result of taking the vaccine. Needless to say, he is a big proponent of getting vaccinated,.

Last edited:
I'm not drinking the cool-aid. The good Lord show something, some time ago, it goes like this. He say's that the world is under the sway (spell) of the wicked one.( satin himself). He's (satin) has all of the governments under his control, and all of the governments control the people. I could go on and on, but I'm not going to waste my breath and bore anyone anymore. God says call every man a lair, let God be true. I give my Lord all glory for bringing me (still healing) through Covid Pnemonia, after 6 days in the hospital. And one last thought. We all have different bodys so it's not a one fix all. No lie is of the Truth.

That sucks man! Hope you get over it quickly! My hole family had it back in February am I run 105 fever fro two weeks!
Just hang in there

That sucks man! Hope you get over it quickly! My hole family had it back in February am I run 105 fever fro two weeks!
Just hang in there
I appreciate that. Got out of the hospital Oct 8, after getting pumped with steroids , antibiotics for 6 days and a blood thinner shot in the gut every 12 hours. Oxygen for three days. Still at home on short term disability. Yea, we'll make it but it's a slow process. You' all be careful and thanks again.

Just got back from the juniors elk hunt. Done till next season.
As for this trip, I was pretty useless for the group. Cold air was killing me, no energy, winded with little work and still had the cold sweats for no reason. I just told them how to dial up my rifle for ranges and everything I had was put into their hands.
Then my longtime friend took a bad spill downhill thru a jungle of manzanita brush and didn't realize the bino pouch had opened and dumped my Swarovski binos. 3 days of searching and nothing. He's paying to replace them, that's the way it should be but, that ought to be a good indication of how my effort turned out. A trip to forget.
Still assessing my total recovery therapy to get back in shape following this monster disease. Doc Risser was sick the whole time with bronchitis. He hunted little. At 81, he still is amazing regardless. This one is finally in the rear view mirror.

Sorry to hear that Bob, I hope you feel better and soon.

I know a couple of places that have the Manzanita jungle, where were you guys hunting?
22n above Tonto village area. There is some free Swarovskis in there somewhere for you!
Edit to note this area is in the Dude fire burn scar. It covers 100's of square miles below the rim. It's the cockroach of the plant world.

Last edited:
As for this trip, I was pretty useless for the group. Cold air was killing me, no energy, winded with little work and still had the cold sweats for no reason. I just told them how to dial up my rifle for ranges and everything I had was put into their hands.
Then my longtime friend took a bad spill downhill thru a jungle of manzanita brush and didn't realize the bino pouch had opened and dumped my Swarovski binos. 3 days of searching and nothing. He's paying to replace them, that's the way it should be but, that ought to be a good indication of how my effort turned out. A trip to forget.
Still assessing my total recovery therapy to get back in shape following this monster disease. Doc Risser was sick the whole time with bronchitis. He hunted little. At 81, he still is amazing regardless. This one is finally in the rear view mirror.
Sorry it went the way it did Bob. The way I see it you got to pass on some valuable, hard earned information. I don't know the age of the group but I imagine they got to see good examples of men. That's pretty valuable these days. And lastly everyone came home despite troubles and illnesses. I call that a win.

Sorry to hear about the nightmare.I hope you getta feeling better and get some rest Bob.

Hang tough and be positive you will come out the other side, I hope it is very soon

Recent Posts