Covid got me, elk hunt on hold...

Hang in there. Most vaccinated people I know without health complications have pulled through fine. Every break through case I have heard of was with the pfizer. Some real young folks I work with had a tough time with it. They were not vaccinated.

I had a friend Scott, 57. He and his wife got it. She got the cocktail. The hospital would not give it to him. 2 weeks in the hospital, h died of a heart attack due to the stress. He was healthy before. Covid is unpredictable.....not to mess with.

But, Biden restricted supplies of regeneron cocktail for no good reason. I don't know but suspect this is why my friend could not get it. His motive in suspending the supplies was political, to force people to get the vaccine is what I believe. If you think you will just take invermection or a cocktail if you get it, you may want to think again. I know of one person who had to sue the hospital to get them to administer invermectin.

Bottom line, you can't rely on treatment, and the disease is unpredictable on who and how bad it affects you. My wife had it, and it was no worse than a bad cold. Others though die. Now, we have a new variant today out of South Africa, and no one knows if the vaccines will work on it or not. Phizer says maybe 100 days to come up with a new vaccine for it.
I believe its an engineered disease to start. Who knows if these variants are normal evolution and mutation or something more sinister? We live in very strange times where nothing is really certain much anymore. Anything can happen, so stay alert and stay healthy. Get your reloading supplies put up for the winter, and stay prepared.
Ok you so called Christians that can't wipe the dust off your King James Bible, this is what the good Lord has to say, and by the way his name is Jesus.1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour;

Ok you so called Christians that can't wipe the dust off your King James Bible, this is what the good Lord has to say, and by the way his name is Jesus.1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour;
If you are trying to say get your life right before the Lord because you dont know the number if the days you have, thats fine. Not to be virtue signalling like the Pharisee praying loudly at the corner for all to see, but I believe I know the Lord Jesus and I know his word.

But calling all the folk here "so called Christians" wont really accomplish anything. Unless you have a relationship with people and you know them and they know you,
its very hard for them to care what you are saying until they know how much you care.

Love goes a long way.

Faith Hope and Love, but the greatest of these is Love.

They will know you by your Love.

Did the thief on the cross go to be with Jesus in paradise?

By Faith, not by his obedience, and not by his knowledge.

Many of the Jewish Pharisees who had the law and observed it religiously, and knew all the scriptures of the old testament, Jesus called them a brood of Vipers.

He told Nicodemus He had to be born again of the Spirit.

So, if you do dust off the old King James, or the New International,
or the Living Bible, be sure to get the Spirit of God's words, and wisdom for living and dying, not the rote rules and the Jewish Law.

Because rote rules and Law will not and cannot save us. They only serve to convict us when we fall short as we always will.

Only one thing can save us.
FAITH in Jesus, because he was the perfect sacrifice, and his blood shed for us, covers our shortfalls, and pays for them.

Blood sacrifice because blood is
life. As hunters we all know it is the life force of every living thing.

Jesus, because He was perfect.

The whole purpose of the Bible is that God's word should be written in and on your hearts, not just your minds.

It will only become a true operating
system when it is saved into your heart.

If you are trying to say get your life right before the Lord because you dont know the number if the days you have, thats fine. Not to be virtue signalling like the Pharisee praying loudly at the corner for all to see, but I believe I know the Lord Jesus and I know his word.

But calling all the folk here "so called Christians" wont really accomplish anything. Unless you have a relationship with people and you know them and they know you,
its very hard for them to care what you are saying until they know how much you care.

Love goes a long way.

Faith Hope and Love, but the greatest of these is Love.

They will know you by your Love.

Did the thief on the cross go to be with Jesus in paradise?

By Faith, not by his obedience, and not by his knowledge.

Many of the Jewish Pharisees who had the law and observed it religiously, and knew all the scriptures of the old testament, Jesus called them a brood of Vipers.

He told Nicodemus He had to be born again of the Spirit.

So, if you do dust off the old King James, or the New International,
or the Living Bible, be sure to get the Spirit of God's words, and wisdom for living and dying, not the rote rules and the Jewish Law.

Because rote rules and Law will not and cannot save us. They only serve to convict us when we fall short as we always will.

Only one thing can save us.
FAITH in Jesus, because he was the perfect sacrifice, and his blood shed for us, covers our shortfalls, and pays for them.

Blood sacrifice because blood is
life. As hunters we all know it is the life force of every living thing.

Jesus, because He was perfect.

The whole purpose of the ible is that God's word should be written in and on your hearts, not just your minds.

It will only become a true operating
system when it is saved into your heart.
Evidently you were convicted immediatley. You must believe ,everyone that calls themself a christian is saved/ is a follower of Jesus. Get behind me satan.The apostle Paul warned us about false prophets in his day and their will be false prophets in our day that twist scripture to their own destruction. I'm glad you brought up the thief on the cross. And before I go on, this comes with love because it's the truth. If you know anything about covenant then you will understand that the thief on the cross was in the old covenant and not the same one that we have if your a believer. These are the words of the Lord Jesus "he who believes and is baptized will be saved, but he that believe it not shall be dammed". If you noticed, just believing isn't enough. That's where the false teaching comes in with a majority of the churches today, No where in the new Testament does it say believing and you shall y be saved. That is why Jesus told Nicodemus that you must be born again of water and the of spirit or you can not see the Kingdom of Heaven, that is refering to Water Baptism. Jesus gave Peter the keys to the kingdom. At Pentecost,(the beginning of the Church age) when Peter gone out preaching to the Jews, that they had crucified the Son of God, they were pricked in their hearts , they asked what shall we do to be saved? And Peter replied you must repent (turn away from yourselves / wicked ways and believe what God says, in other words surrender) and be Baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission (forgiveness) of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Let me break that down for you. First you repent then you are baptized in the name of Jesus for the forgiveness of sins. Repenting and being forgiven of sins are not the same thing. If you don't turn away from your wicked self there is no reason to be baptized. You can fool God. God knows how wicked and deceitful mans heart is. And if you don't get baptized in the name of Jesus there is no forgiveness of sins. Now Trinitarians which are from the traditions of your fathers, which started in 325 AD do not believe what Jesus told his disciples to do. And are baptizing in the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. The name of the Father is Jesus, the name of the Son is Jesus and the name of the Holy Spirit is Jesus. Father, Son and spirit are titles, not names. Also referred to as common nouns not proper nouns, like the name of Jesus is a proper noun. Peter and the rest of the disciples knew exactly what Jesus was talking about when it came to water baptism. The bible which is the Spirit of Truth, also says there is no other name under Heaven which men shall be saved. False teachers like to jump to Romans and make a the sinners prayer, if thou shall believe in thou heart, and believe on the Lord Jesus, thou shall be saved. That is refering to water baptism. False teachers like to skip the book of Acts, which is the first book after the 4 Gospels and jump to the book of Romans and the other epistals which are already established churches. If you study the book of Acts, the Jews, the Gentiles and the Samaritans, they were all baptized in the name of Jesus or Jesus Christ or the Lord Jesus. And the people that were baptized under John baptism which was unto repentance, not forgiveness they were re-baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. No where in the bible/book of Acts were people baptized in the name of the father , son and holy spirit. It doe's not exsist. Its amazing how the false teachers think that the apostles that walked with Jesus got baptism wrong , and they it got right, and the people sit and listen to that . Thats how good the devil is . Satan mixes a little truth with some lies and the people will listen to it week in and week out. Matthew 7:22-23 "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophisied in your name? And in thy name, cast out devils? And in thy name have done many wonderful works? And then I will profess to them, I never knew you. Depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Yes, false teachers jump the book of Acts and jump straight into the Epistles. So are you going to believe the words of Jesus, which is all of the bible, or go to a church on a Sunday and believe everything the guy behind the pulpit is saying just because he's behind the pulpit. There is no remission of sins without the shedding of blood. It was the Lord Jesus that shed his blood, thats why your baptized in the name of Jesus. There is no other name under Heaven in which man can be saved. I hope I haven't become your enemy because I tell you the truth. I hope you have a good day.

Last edited:
I had a friend Scott, 57. He and his wife got it. She got the cocktail. The hospital would not give it to him. 2 weeks in the hospital, h died of a heart attack due to the stress. He was healthy before. Covid is unpredictable.....not to mess with.

But, Biden restricted supplies of regeneron cocktail for no good reason. I don't know but suspect this is why my friend could not get it. His motive in suspending the supplies was political, to force people to get the vaccine is what I believe. If you think you will just take invermection or a cocktail if you get it, you may want to think again. I know of one person who had to sue the hospital to get them to administer invermectin.

Bottom line, you can't rely on treatment, and the disease is unpredictable on who and how bad it affects you. My wife had it, and it was no worse than a bad cold. Others though die. Now, we have a new variant today out of South Africa, and no one knows if the vaccines will work on it or not. Phizer says maybe 100 days to come up with a new vaccine for it.
I believe its an engineered disease to start. Who knows if these variants are normal evolution and mutation or something more sinister? We live in very strange times where nothing is really certain much anymore. Anything can happen, so stay alert and stay healthy. Get your reloading supplies put up for the winter, and stay prepared.
It was rationed. a Handful of southern states were using 70 percent of supply and were not using any other measures Of disease mitigation. It is a very expensive treatment and only part of strategy to control this disease. Masks and vqccines work. Vaccines do fade but a few months ago during my stayes last surge, hospitalizations, ventilator usage, and deaths were overwhelmingly in unvaccinated.
There is no good evidence that this was an engineered disease and no amount of belief makes anything true. The evidence shows the vaccine is the key to control severe disease. Masks also help. There is an argument to be made about natural immunity verses vaccine . It looks like vaccine may be better but so many variables with when you got it, which variant, how vigorous was your response, etc…. It is much safer way to obtain immunity with vaccine verses the disease. My hospital has seen zero people admitted with vaccine problems, a handful with ivermectin problems, and so, so many with Covid.

Bob, pretty much what I have heard from friends in same boat is simple; rest, fluids, more rest and just let your body recuperate at its own speed. If you relapse, it can get bite you even worse. The hunt will be there when you are ready for it. And as you know it takes a lot of physical conditioning to pull one off. Nothing is worth your health and future hunts! I missed elk hunt thus year due to back but I know I will try again next year. Thats all we can do is to look forward.

Be safe and hope your entire family recovers quickly.

Prayers and best thoughts for you and family.

Bob, pretty much what I have heard from friends in same boat is simple; rest, fluids, more rest and just let your body recuperate at its own speed. If you relapse, it can get bite you even worse. The hunt will be there when you are ready for it. And as you know it takes a lot of physical conditioning to pull one off. Nothing is worth your health and future hunts! I missed elk hunt thus year due to back but I know I will try again next year. Thats all we can do is to look forward.

Be safe and hope your entire family recovers quickly.

Prayers and best thoughts for you and family.
Amen!

I am heading up to Doc Rissers hunt this morning but since he had bronchitis he just didn't feel like getting out in the cold morning air. Our junior elk hunter has 4 days starting Friday and has a 4 adult support team, and I won't be needed.
So I get to putt around glassing and reporting back. Really no hard physical anything.
Me and the wife need some space!
I'm 12 days from initial positive so I'm clean but will treat as if "I'm not sure" and keep a bit of distance.
This was flat out the worst illness I've ever had. We all react differently but did i.v. treatments just for this monster. It did help even if a lot or little.
Reaching out to all of you was worth it.
We're a special kind of family.

I am heading up to Doc Rissers hunt this morning but since he had bronchitis he just didn't feel like getting out in the cold morning air. Our junior elk hunter has 4 days starting Friday and has a 4 adult support team, and I won't be needed.
So I get to putt around glassing and reporting back. Really no hard physical anything.
I'm 12 days from initial positive so I'm clean but will treat as if "I'm not sure" and keep a bit of distance.
This was flat out the worst illness I've ever had. We all react differently but did i.v. treatments just for this monster. It did help even if a lot or little.
Sounds good Bob. If your breathing, that is good and that is a good sign. Most people take breathing for granted, and may laugh at what I just said. But that's ok. Covid humble me. Enjoy.

That is great news Bob, get out there and have fun. Take care of yourself and God bless.

Last fall I got this fella in the ER with shortness of breath. He was really working to breathe and I knew he was gonna peeter out. This was over one year ago. I figured him for covid and he came back positive. We managed to get him out of there without tubing him but shortly after his arrival to a level one ICU facility, they tubed him. Nice fella, one sick puppy. Mid 50's in age. Came into work the other day and I look over and he's in one of our trauma bays. He remembered I got him out of there and hollers at me. Remember he was one year out of his original acute episode. He could hardly talk to me he was working so hard to breathe again. Chest tube time. Got him settled down and breathing comfortably and we had time to talk a little. He has no memory of most of the past year. He was on a vent for 7 months from the time he was tubed and he was in the hospital until less than one month ago. They had to pull out all the stops just to keep him alive including rotating him on a stryker bed to allow his chest to expand as best it could. IV everything that could do anything to give this guy a chance to live. This poor guy has lost almost all of his lung function. He is on home O2 at up to 5 liters per cannula when he's doing well. This man has pretty much become a total invalid. I am sure that one of these days he is just going to go to hell in a hand basket and that will be it for him. He's a decent fella and I feel badly for him but it sure was nice to know that he remembered well of me after all he has been through. The point of this whole monologue is that this took a generally healthy 50 some year old and turned him permanently into a shell of his former self. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to whom will get this outcome. Where I work, we have seen healthy young people die and old infirm persons pull through it. So.... it is not BS. This is something you really don't want to see anyone get. As far as what I believe, I do not want to be responsible for passing this onto others. I have been lucky so far and so has my spouse. We are all vaccinated and boosted up and neither of us have gotten it. She retired this summer, she is a nurse, and I am going to hang it up at the end of this year....December 31st. I am so sick of dealing with this crap that I am almost to the point of pain just to go into work anymore. So take care of yourselves, the ones that you love, and think of others because it appears to me that this crap is just going to keep going around and around and keep changing itself for the worse. This outcome may not happen to you but is sure as hell could happen to anyone that you might give it to.
I do not mean to denigrate anyone at all, by telling the story of this person. I just want others to know that this could happen to anyone. And I agree with Varmint Hunter that "For the good of humanity, we need to work together to get this terrible scourge behind us."
Tens :cool:

Couldn't have said it better and I share your feeling of burnout from the front lines. I'm a FF/Medic who "should" have 10+ years left to full retirement. After dealing with the stupidity of people through this pandemic, I've now decided to take early retirement and will be outta here in 40 months. Before the pandemic I considered myself the luckiest person in the world to have a job where my responsibility is to help people having their worst day. After seeing the dumbcrazy on display through the pandemic, I have lost that desire and feel like most people don't deserve the help.
I'll stop here before I really get going, but the best and truest line in this thread so far is the one from VarmintHunter that you quoted.

If you believe what the main stream media is telling you, you've got your head in the sand.
Follow the money. It's all about the money. Money power and control.

The truly tough part of the conversation is there is no real answer. Vaccines only have the potential to mitigate the individual's symptoms. They don't stop spread or infection. AND there's no chance of herd immunity with the mutations/variants. Keep in mind that animals also get and spread the virus.
My whole family has gotten the 'Vid and recovered (5-7 days). Most of us felt like we had a moderate sinus infection. Can't say if the vaccines made any difference for the 2 adults in our family.
There are some new vaccines coming that don't use mRNA technology. They are using traditional vaccine technology, not gene therapy.
Good luck and live as healthy as possible.

My experience was as follows.
Fever and headache for less than 24 hours. 3 days later taste and smell completely left. (Raw garlic was completely undetectable to nose or tongue, vinegar and bleach even had no smell.
Weeks later, most of my hair fell out.
Months later, my taster and smeller works, just not 100 percent. No other symptoms. 3 weeks after my household all got it, I left the gulf coast and went to 11000 feet elk hunting. No lung problems.

I have been taking a double hand full of vitamins every day for 10 years. Every one of which the experts recommend for the rona battle I had already been taking.

My wife,(not a vitamin connoisseur like myself, ran fever and coughed for a week straight.