Couple more coyotes

remingtonman_25_06

A friend and I went out calling last week and had a little success. Our first stand produced this old female that my friend shot with his 30-06 and 210g VLD's right at about 225 yards. She came in over a rolling hill and was trying to get downwind of us. I barked and she stopped and that was her last mistake as my buddy made a great shot.

21bolsi.jpg

Our next stand was less eventful. We could hear them howling all around us but they never would come in. After a while we got up and went back to the truck and made the "loop" as I like to call it. As we were going down a hill I spotted this coyote about 250 yards away. My buddy stomped on the gas pedal of his cummins and cut the distance real quick. By now though, the coyote knew what was going on and was trying like heck to get out of dodge. By the time we stopped the truck she was about 50 yards off the side of the road doing mach 10. We both missed our first shot then just as she was about to crest over the hill, my 2nd 100g NBT caught her right in the jaw. Needless to say, she didn't go far, but required a finishing shot. She appeared to be a younger female. All in all, it was a decent day of coyote hunting. Seen 2, shot 2, thats the way I like it!!

160dl6f.jpg

You get out there and move around. Thats for sure and that is half the game, just getting out of the door.

Beautiful country but it could stand having a few trees. I like trees.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts