Could Someone Run Quickload Data for me?

I totally agree but you need a lot more than case capacity and chrony results. I can make quickload match the velocity and case capacity and still be 6-8 thousand psi difference in two loads with the same powder and charge.

How are you measuring chamber pressure??????
Quickload is like any computer program, garbage in, garbage out. Meaning you need to input the correct data.

I have Quickload "BUT" too many people think they can skip making a workup load. And think Quickload is miracle software and its not. Just look at how many variations there are in reloading manuals and firearms and components used.

there is no substitute for load workup. you need to do it just to start it setting up properly but once setup it makes changing powders and to some extent bullets once you know how much to change start pressures for different bullets. when setup it sure makes using the less common powders that are not found in manuals easier. the two things that make the biggest difference are bore cross section and bullet length. I have seen bullet length off by .030 or more and that screws up seating depth and please keep fingers out of powder burn rate till everything else is correct.

I totally agree but you need a lot more than case capacity and chrony results. I can make quickload match the velocity and case capacity and still be 6-8 thousand psi difference in two loads with the same powder and charge.

Again how are you measuring chamber pressure?????

The point behind using a chronograph and changing the burn rate in Quickload until the two velocities match is to get a close approximate chamber pressure.

While not illegal to run QL numbers for people, it is unethical and damaging to our endeavor.
Also, you can imply need for QL calibration as a negative. But at least we CAN calibrate it. Not so with reloading manuals..

This tread has gotten way off topic.

If people want to debate sharing QL data, maybe starting a new thread would spur insightful viewpoints.

While not illegal to run QL numbers for people, it is unethical and damaging to our endeavor.
Also, you can imply need for QL calibration as a negative. But at least we CAN calibrate it. Not so with reloading manuals..

And my point being it is useless to ask for Quickload information in a reloading forum.
And if you do have Quickload you need the correct case capacity and a chronograph along with other information to tweak Quickload to give out ball park data.

Without making adjustments to Quickload with its default settings, and using the powder charge weights in the reloading manuals the velocity and chamber pressures are way off in Quickload vs the manuals.

Simply put there are too many variables in firearms and reloading components for Quickload to be accurate without calibrating it.

On top of this NECO went around to all the reloading forums saying they were breaking copyright laws if they gave out Quickload data. And these lies turned off many reloaders about buying Quickload from someone only concerned about making money off someone else's software.

And since I have Quickload I would never give out its data with questions asked in a reloading forum. And this is because the information can be so far off from even the reloading manuals.

Bottom line, make a workup load and learn something about your rifle and the components you are using. Instead of using computer generated guesstimates.

This tread has gotten way off topic.
If people want to debate sharing QL data, maybe starting a new thread would spur insightful viewpoints.
Your irresponsible posting of load data from QL, analogous to feeding the bears, started this.

Let me help you understand why it's bad for us. The developers of QuickLoad, and NECO, bring it to you -for profit. There is nothing wrong with this, as it's the only viable way to bring it.
When you undermine the viability in THIS product, it affects viability in all future products, from anyone else, because everybody sees you doing this.

If I'm investing resources into R&D for the next big shooting gizmo, and I see that there is no way to stop less than loyal customers from undermining a cost return, my project dies right there. And you never get the gizmo.

Well I like new products, and old products, that prove valuable. I hope that those considering bringing them to me will be rewarded for their efforts.
Let that be

Mr Mike,

No need for personal attacks. If I'm violating forum rules or breaking the law, please let me know; if not, I guess you will have to learn to deal with it.

Your irresponsible posting of load data from QL, analogous to feeding the bears, started this.

I didn't post any load data from Quickload.

I simply stated there can be 6,000 psi difference between brands of .223 cases because of H2O capacity.

And this was to warn the OP that any information posted would be wrong because of the lack of data he supplied.

And you have the audacity to call me irresponsible for warning people about asking Quickload questions with insufficient information.

Get off your high horse Mikecr and grow up.

Cartridge : .280 Ack Imp
Bullet : .284, 168, Nosler Accubond LR 58623
Useable Case Capaci: 63.532 grain H2O = 4.125 cm³

The approximate case capacity for the .280 Remington is 67 grains of H2O.

Nosler case capacity for the .280 Ack Imp is 65.0 grains of H2O, and Nosler case capacity is measured with a bullet seated to their OAL. Meaning the Nosler case capacity is not filled to the case mouth.

And the case capacity listed by gte901m using Quickload is 63.532 grain H2O.

And Quickload wants the actual case capacity of a fired case filled to the case mouth.

This means the Quickload data that "was" posted and not by me, has a case capacity far less than actual case capacity. And this will show much higher than normal velocity and chamber pressures.

And this is why you should not ask for Quickload data in a reloading forum.

And I was accused of "irresponsible posting of load data from QL" :rolleyes:

I agree with you biged51. Didn't quote YOUR posts.

Sorry, I cleaned my glasses and now see you were not jumping on me.

The Quickload data that was posted for the 280 AI has a case capacity less than the standard .280 Remington case. Maybe now people will learn not to ask for Quickload data in forums. The default settings in Quickload can be way off.

The Quickload data that was posted for the 280 AI has a case capacity less than the standard .280 Remington case. Maybe now people will learn not to ask for Quickload data in forums. The default settings in Quickload can be way off.

The nice thing about that is the load "data" (if you can call it that) given will not be hot load. Even if QL shows its hot.

Bottom line, make a workup load and learn something about your rifle and the components you are using. Instead of using computer generated guesstimates.

So you think people should just dump powder in and hope it works for a starting load?

So you think people should just dump powder in and hope it works for a starting load?

W6o4Sqo.jpg

Actually I average the start loads from several manuals and work up, just like I did before I bought Quickload.

What I look for first is the point where the primer is just starting to be flush with the base of the case. And at this point the chamber pressure is high enough to make the brass stretch to meet the bolt face.

The point the case stretches to meet the bolt face varies with the construction of the case and the brass hardness. And at this point you are reaching the elastic limits of the brass and why you want minimum shoulder bump.

So tell me, do you ask people for Quickload start loads or do you look in the manuals...................
or do "YOU" just dump power in the case and hope for the best.:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.