Cought one napping

dirtnappin

Here is some fun my hunting partner and I had this last week.....she is great fun!!!

Attachments

• 20141213_085259.jpg
    20141213_085259.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 20141213_090125.jpg
    20141213_090125.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 102
Oh it won't be long, but she can't hold the front up yet. Just got her past the point where I don't have to keep telling her "sit still". But she has eyes for them like crazy. I don't think I will head shoot anymore, kind of hard keeping the fur. It blew a big hole in the neck. Here is the other one that she spotted20141128_102549.jpgshe has a cow dog that hates them and she will come running in the house yelling "get your gun I found another". We don't shoot them all summer to let them fur up, then its game on. She is only 6 but we can't wait till she can shoot the shotgun at them. It won't be long I am sure!

Congratulations on the coyote but more importantly on the hunting partner. They will be memories for a lifetime!

Thanks Tim, we both have been waiting for this time for a long time. She ALWAYS wants to go. I advertise for you every day with my NOS stickers, love the slogan....NO BAD DAYS!!! I'll have more to come I am sure. I wish we were as good as you, but practice makes perfect. Thanks all and Merry Christmas!!!

20150110_091449.jpg it's been a little bit, but I have been on call. We found another one taking a nap!!! Its amazing how much fun it is with the little one!!!! I recommend it for anyones therapy session. Take care!!!

View attachment 43337 it's been a little bit, but I have been on call. We found another one taking a nap!!! Its amazing how much fun it is with the little one!!!! I recommend it for anyones therapy session. Take care!!!

Hi.

These pics are very interesting. I am starting to slobber all over myself seeing them.

The reason? I am considering moving to Idaho.

Those are some healthy lookin doggies. Good shootin.

Here is a picture of my home made portable skinning pole. I did the first one at home to make sure it worked. It breaks down into three pieces and super light weight. And another good nap dog cough sleeping.....he he he20150110_092338.jpg I have a better system to hang them now other than the ratchet strap.20150110_100504.jpg

Great job. I can't wait til my kids (twins) are old enough to go out with me. What load are you using if you don't mind me asking? Also what upper do you have? That's a good looking AR right there. I'm in the process of building one myself right now. I don't know if I want to go with the tried and true 223, or go with maybe a 204 ruger. I'm still contemplating it. As of now, I only have a Layke Tactical stripped lower. I'm wanting to build it for coyote competitions. Again congrats to you and your hunting partner :D!

223-60 and 53 grain Nosler ballistic tips with 25.5 grains of varget powder. I built the AR when everything was going crazy thinking that they were going to lock them down. The lower is a spikes, the barrel is a Dpms 1/9 and the upper is a stripped down heavy bench I think from Dpms also....I am truly not sure about the upper. The scope is a vx-3 with varmint redical. It shoots really well out to 400 with light wind. The heavy bullets are for wolves but doesn't hurt the small dogs with good shot placement.

Nice work! It's great to see someone else starting kids out young. I started taking my kids along when they were about 6 too. The "holding still" part is the toughest for the little ones, but it seems to get easier after they get to see you hit pay-dirt a couple times. My daughter is now 10 and has decided she's ready to get behind the rifle, I just gotta do my part and call in a dog for her:D!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.