Coues Hunt 2019

For all you guys that might be interested in going to MX to hunt, message me. We get landowner tags every year in Sonora and offer DIY hunts for people that would like to go down and hunt Coues. Coues only though, the ranches we hunt have zero mule deer on them

@MASH if you are ever interested in going ask Danny for my number, I talked to him a couple of months ago about going down there sometime. I've been going every year (except last year due to a new baby) for about 5-6 years now. Just tell him to give you Brian Taylor's number from Hammer Down Skulls or look me up on facebook and you can get my number from there.

Also, here is a pic of the first buck I ever shot in MX. I've missed two bigger bucks than him in the years after.

DSC_0204.JPGDSC_0240.JPGDSC_0245.JPGDSC_0255.JPGDSC_0270.JPG

For all you guys that might be interested in going to MX to hunt, message me. We get landowner tags every year in Sonora and offer DIY hunts for people that would like to go down and hunt Coues. Coues only though, the ranches we hunt have zero mule deer on them

@MASH if you are ever interested in going ask Danny for my number, I talked to him a couple of months ago about going down there sometime. I've been going every year (except last year due to a new baby) for about 5-6 years now. Just tell him to give you Brian Taylor's number from Hammer Down Skulls or look me up on facebook and you can get my number from there.

Also, here is a pic of the first buck I ever shot in MX. I've missed two bigger bucks than him in the years after.

View attachment 186638View attachment 186639View attachment 186640View attachment 186641View attachment 186642

That is one good looking buck, beautiful monster rack

Thank you, and if anyone needs a skull cleaned for a euro mount @Briant_az is the man. Awesome, awesome work. I'll attach a pic of the finished mount with the skull he cleaned.

View attachment 186638View attachment 186639View attachment 186640View attachment 186641View attachment 186642

Attachments

• 2B131091-AF07-46F4-8C8E-DCD94355D9A0.jpeg
    2B131091-AF07-46F4-8C8E-DCD94355D9A0.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 232
  • 4174BC1F-1BD8-43A2-A1CB-5F0A6A392170.jpeg
    4174BC1F-1BD8-43A2-A1CB-5F0A6A392170.jpeg
    828.7 KB · Views: 224
  • 680CD861-0600-456A-8894-7421FD64943A.jpeg
    680CD861-0600-456A-8894-7421FD64943A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 210
I live in the area and am fortunate to hunt them every year. Been doing it for 37 years in a row. 36b is a quality unit. I'd love to help anyone that comes and is serious about it. Both of these Coues bucks I harvested in the last 5 years. Next best hunt to a sheep hunt and some refer it to the "poor mans sheep hunt". Very tough country but it's so beautiful.

View attachment 162479 View attachment 162480
@jgs8163
I was just going back through this post and saw the picture of your mounts. Who did that first one? Wellers?

Seriously giving thought of next year trying for my coveted coues....
Could you pm me info to look at...
Thx
AZGFD.COM is where to start. Look at the all of the 32,33,34,35 and 36 units. All are great units. Make sure you have GREAT 12-15 power Binos and and a solid tripod to glass with. The 2nd and 3rd general season would be your best chance. These are both in November. Rut isn't until late December and those tags are near impossible to draw. In AZ you have to purchase a AZ hunt license just to apply.

Last edited:
Thx guys....
If you make contact...
I could possibly drive in for a hunt before end of year...
Just gotta take opportunity as it comes these days....

Last edited:
Thx guys....
If you make contact...
I could possibly drive in for a hunt before end of year...
Just gotta take opportunity as it comes these days....
Note, unless you are going to Mexico the only hunts available right now are OTC archery. All the AZ Coues rifle stuff is by draw, not sure about New Mexico.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.