Coues Deer

Ray, 21 is an up and coming unit for coues deer. Off I 17 take Bloddy Basin road east to the Brooklyn Peak area. Glass the mountain from the west side and all areas east of there from the main road. I've seen several trophy bucks a year from there. You can be in the area from North Phoenix in about an hour. Have seen a few water at the dirt tanks on the extreme east edge of Perry Mesa. I have hunted Perry Mesa for mule deer, coyotes and antelope for a couple decades. The coues have increased numbers there over the years. Good luck

NYS- Coues live in very rugged country. i have seen some nice bucks in unit 23 . it has a lot of lion and bear also. get in shape. bring some good binos. enjoy. ron

Have an optic question are 15x56 binoculars much better then 12x50? I know I will be glassing quite a bit and have a 12x but I wanna make sure I will be prepared for long hrs glassing from a tripod

NYS- coues deer= optics. i see more deer and faster with 10x42s. i see deer i would not see with the 15x56. you have an out fitter or guide or DIY?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.