Cost for Blueprint? Know any good California Gunsmiths?

BrandonA

I'm looking for a general number for this. I'll probably look at having a Lilja barrel matched to gun since they'll be doing this but I'd like to know what type of cost I'll be looking it.

Also looking if anyone has any recommendations on any good gunsmiths in the Northern California area

If I'm not mistaken Jerry Rice is in northern CA and is known for great work.

Generaly the prices I see for an action blue print are $150-$200 for the basic job , if you have the feed rails opened up for say an Ultra mag or the machine work done for a Wyatt's box thats gonna cost a little bit more. Also if you have the bolt sleeved that generaly run about another $100

any reason you want a smith in CA or are you just wanting to have sombody you can drive an meet?

I don't know what type of work you're looking to get done and can't give you a personal recomendation, as I have not had any work done, personally by these guys, though they were recommended to me. I always used two gunsmiths, one past, one retired. I hate it when that happens!

Jerry Rice - norcal precision
1-707-552-3801
www.norcalprecision.com

He is in American Canyon half way to SF just off 80

J&G Gunsmithing
782-7075
Roseville

Maraviov Gunsmithing
1-530-668-4867
woodland

Gary Thiry
El Camino near Watt
Gary had a parts & accs store downtown for years
then hired a smith & moved shop (don't know who)
He is the smith of record for Badger Johns Guns

Thomas Mantzoros
412-8431
He works out of the back at Guns and Gear @ Watt & Auburn

Where in Sac are you?

What type of hunting do you do?

Good Luck

Southpaw

Thanks for the replies...

It's going to be an accurization for my 300 Ultra Mag with a new barrel and stock... I'm trying to convince myself I don't need it done until after this season but it's so hard to convince myself of that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I was just hopign to find some Smiths in the area to check them out before I started going out of state!

Brandon,

The first one that comes to my mind is Brown Precision. Heard nothing but good things about them over the years, don't know personally.

Brown Precision, Inc.
7786 Molinos Ave.,
PO Box 270 W.,
Los Molinos, CA 96055
(530) 384-2506

Murf

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.