Correct way to introduce women to rifles ...

FEENIX

... for what it is worth!

Attachments

• ScannedImage.jpg
    ScannedImage.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 17
Interesting. I think women make better marksmen (markswomen) than men anyway. They seem to get aclimated to a rifle (or hand gun more quickly, could be the fact that there is no testosterone interfering with anything.....

My wife is a helluva shooter and always has been but she isn 't interested in hunting at all and not interested in punching paper either or not as interested as..... I should say.

One of the other guys in our group has a wife that can handle anything that goes bang. We were at his private range last fall and I handed her my 338 Lapua. She looked at the length of the cartridge, I handed he a full magazine, she clicked in the mag, racked a round and hunkered down and lit one off. Then she siad "That don't kick at all and proceeded to finish off the magazine, every one right on the money.

She's a whopping 110 pounds btw. She long bow hunts, ducks hunts with a Beretta Shotgun and hunts Whitetail with a crossbow.

I think too that because they don't have to impress the boys, they do better as well.

Just my opinion from observing.....:)

Didn't read the article. I did get my daughter one of the Savage Lady Hunters shown at the bottom. Really wonderful gun, attractive, fits her like a custom, and one-hole accurate! Whole heartedly recommend it for a smaller framed woman.

Seems right to me. I start most everyone off with a 22. Cheap and fun to learn the basics on. Very non-intimidating.

I did this with Ami and her son. It took very little time for both to be hammering targets at 1000 with my 6.5-284.

when David Petzal speaks I listen, anyway I got my wife shooting a 22 then I got her a 20ga.single shot for squirrel she loves that gun its a New England it kicks like a mule then I got her a rem. 870 20ga. Youth model,perfect for her she has shot more squirrels than me with those to guns,but after she got used to the recoil she can take my 3006 with 200gr. Smks and shoot it out to 300yrds with authority I think that cheap new England 20 made her fearless to recoil to an extent anyway she doesn't like my 3.5in. Turkey loads but she'll shoot anything I'll shoot...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.