Core-lokt

I grew up in the late seventies and 80s shooting 130 grain factory Core-Lokts In a 270. It was obvious to me early on that bullet was accurate and very deadly. Eventually I got into hand loading and haven't shot them for years but I still respect them, they did a great job.

Last edited:
Reminiscent as well of the old school Remington bronze point. Metal as a superior ballistic material to plastic? There is nothing new under the sun…. While we're at it it could be noted that Nosler didn't invent plastic tipped bullets either…CIL/Dominion up here in Canada had been making something like a ballistic tip (Sabre tip) long before Nosler made theirs famous. There is nothing new under the sun…

My first deer was with win super x powerpoints. And my second…and third…and most all of them till I started handloading
Still have some old .303 Sabre Tips from the 70's

Reminiscent as well of the old school Remington bronze point. Metal as a superior ballistic material to plastic? There is nothing new under the sun…. While we're at it it could be noted that Nosler didn't invent plastic tipped bullets either…CIL/Dominion up here in Canada had been making something like a ballistic tip (Sabre tip) long before Nosler made theirs famous. There is nothing new under the sun…

My first deer was with win super x powerpoints. And my second…and third…and most all of them till I started handloading
I bet if I looked hard enough I could find some 270 silver tip ammunition in my loading/ammo room. I think I have some old Hornady pills too. Think they are 150gr. RN. I definitely have lots of Imperial Canada 12g ammunition.

I don't know what bullet I shot my first deer 🦌 with but it was 303cal British and believe it was military surplus so who knows. I've never shot a bigger one to date (40+yrs). It was a beautiful eastern whitetail 14 point that dressed up at 185lbs in the freezer. To be honest I prefer smaller 2 year old WT at around 100lbs in the freezer.

Attachments

• A1A8C70E-52FF-49EC-BF54-A063122BC979.jpeg
    A1A8C70E-52FF-49EC-BF54-A063122BC979.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 13
I bet if I looked hard enough I could find some 270 silver tip ammunition in my loading/ammo room. I think I have some old Hornady pills too. Think they are 150gr. RN. I definitely have lots of Imperial Canada 12g ammunition.

I don't know what bullet I shot my first deer 🦌 with but it was 303cal British and believe it was military surplus so who knows. I've never shot a bigger one to date (40+yrs). It was a beautiful eastern whitetail 14 point that dressed up at 185lbs in the freezer. To be honest I prefer smaller 2 year old WT at around 100lbs in the freezer.
Just picked up 11 boxes of Canuck 20 gauge too! Sorry off topic…

For the price they usually shoot quite well. Funny enough They are very accurate out of my M1 also

There are several senior fellas who are competitive shooters at our local club. These are also experienced reloading folks too. However, every year these same guys can be seen at the range sighting in their hunting rifles; shooting..You guessed it. Core-Lokt. Funniest thing, they never collect that brass for reloading. It's like it's beneath their reloading standard. But they just don't stray from what works for filling the freezer. It should be noted that none of these guys are LR shooting hunters. Funny but true. I'd bet this isn't an isolated phenomenon.

.22 for 50 cents the good old days. We used to play poker with .22 shells. Bet one or two. Raises were two max 3 raises. 200rds and you can play a long time. Yes the good old days!

Marketing works, you're looking at the new shiny toy, I've killed a lot of deer with them. btw most of us have fallen for the marketing, maybe it's time for me to open some I have and give them a shot, again.

Recent Posts