Core-lokt

They are very accurate, both the ammo and as a component.
Yep, guys have been shooting half moa with these things for years. Not the highest BC projo out there, but they've taken an awful lot of game, and been doing it for a long time. Remington's "Old Glory" bullet. This post triggers fond memories of the days of family hunting when I was a boy growing up on the family farm. Hunting with my dad, brothers, and uncles. Good days. Thanks for the reflective trip, OP.

What's really the difference between a Core-lokt and an Accubond ? Considering I'm going on an Elk hunt with Accubonds.

What's really the difference between a Core-lokt and an Accubond ? Considering I'm going on an Elk hunt with Accubonds.

Accubonds are bonded so no big fragmentation, . Also less damage to vitals equaling a bit slower kill. Recommend hitting bone like a shoulder shot with bonded bullets, which means damaging more meat

Core Lokts are a traditional cup and core bullet. They fragment, explode more and cause serious damage to lungs and heart and might not even be any vitals left. Behind the shoulder shots are best with these and cause less meat damage.

However with Core Lokts I have witnessed shoulder shots go throught both shoulders and vitals and leave a nicely sized exit hole.

While I have not loaded any in years, I always found the old bulk box (500ct) in 5,000ct case ones either hit or miss in the accuracy department. In some calibers, rifles and loads and for their then price, they were great, but in a few others, only ok. Impact performance within their range was good, and they killed well. At the time, I was a licensed ammo reman/manufacturer, and I loaded a ton of these in varied calibers and without complaints from my customers. The 270, 30-06 and 30-30 were my best sellers.

Today, I still have a few of the old brown box 500ct with a few left in each: 243, 257, 270, 30, and a couple of others, but now, I almost never load them. It is an eye opening experience to look at the old package slips and see what I paid for those, and some were under $5/100 in bulk.

Yep, guys have been shooting half moa with these things for years. Not the highest BC projo out there, but they've taken an awful lot of game, and been doing it for a long time. Remington's "Old Glory" bullet. This post triggers fond memories of the days of family hunting when I was a boy growing up on the family farm. Hunting with my dad, brothers, and uncles. Good days. Thanks for the reflective trip, OP.
My first deer was with them out of a 300 SAUM