Cordless e-fillet knife

Problem is many who come decide to stay. Lol
Myself included, and the warm wether and great year round fishing is a good reason.
Many of the lakes here dont show on the maps, so there is far more water than most realize.

My son was stationed at Hurlburt Field AFB 1 year ago and was trying to convince him to buy a property in the Destin area but he cannot commit. Now that he has a line number for Major and will probably end up there again, I will try harder to convince him, even if I have fork up some cash to go in with him. 😇

I would be taking him up on the offer. Im about an hour to the north of the town of Okeechobee which of coarse is on the north end of the lake. So the north west end is the only area ive experienced. There are 2 large ramp facilities at the mouth of the Kissimmee River which flows down from the north. The river alone offers miles and miles of opportunity. Many of the locals there fish from pontoon boats with rod holders all around the boat. Lots of just telescopic rods with hooks, floats, and minnows, The party usually starts about the time the tourist quit for the day, and goes on till late evening.
Im about the same distance to the east of the second largest lake, that being Kissimmee, which is far less populated with fisherman than Okeechobee.
Blue Cypress Lake is the head of the Saint Johns river which flows north to Jacksonville, and it is about 25 miles west from me. About half the distance of the others mentioned. There are also numerous lakes not shown on maps along that river system before it reaches RT 192 at Melbourne. The closest to me is 18 miles and is known as Garcia. Stickmarsh is about 25 miles. One area on the west side of Palm Bay alone has 55000 acres most of which is water, and much of it accessable only by airboat.

I like the old standard fillet knives...6" blade....but sharp is best...no tugging...just pure slicing....and i leave the ribs with the carcus....
Caught these winter steelhead a couple weeks ago in southwest Oregon.. Two different days...landed 7 first day 10 next...7 keepers each day......
if you want contact info let send me a pm'....young guy starting out....driftboat river fishing.....i handed the guide a rod with a steelhead on it when he was 4 years old..hes now 23....told him not to lose my rod.........he landed it.....thankfully.... 0130201316.jpg0131201527.jpg0130201424.jpg
These fish were only 35 miles from the ocean....can you say fresh.......

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts