Coppermelt, what am I doing wrong?

GG,

Sorry to shanghai this post ,but I did'nt know what else to do. I ordered a bottle of coppermelt las thurs. or Fri.Talked to Scott, he said it would go out that day. This is wed., not here , don't know how y'all send it so time may vary. I tried to send you email as I have in past but got fatal error blah blah message . Anyway , no problewm here , just checkinbg on delivery .

Thanks man, Jim

Hey Jimm, I think I ordered mine right after you. When I called Scott said someone else had just ordered some before me. This was thurs or friday, I haven't recieved mine either. I'm sure its on the way though, hoping it will be here tomorrow.

Hey arthur!

Well, I just thought I would try some out.I've read all the various posts re: the product but Never did care for someone elses opinion on a subject hat I was going to be involved in. Not because I think I'm smarter than them( that would be a rare thing ) but because I want to have the opportunity to apply what gray matter God has given me as best I can(took me about twelve deletes and six backspaces just to get to here:) ) anyway ,Hope you get yours OK>< JIm

Re: Coppermelt question for Goodgrouper

Hey goodgrouper what's up?, my coppermelt just came this morning. When I read the directions they basicly say "don't squirt unused portion back in bottle, don't use any other dropper than the one supplied" then it says read directions included with purchase before using? Is there an instruction pamplet that has some more info in it or what? I was just wondering if there was anything else I need to know about it before I open it up. Thanks

The part about not using the leftover liquid in the reservoir of the pipette is not true in my experience (just so long as the pipette itself stays clean) as I have been squirting the rest back into the bottle everytime I have used it.

The part about using the supplied pipette is absolutely true as Boman found out. You could use another pipette or dropper of some kind but you <font color="blue"> MUST </font> know it is sterile.

There should be two sheets of paper with your bottle. Both just describe the product and care of the product and the cleaning method.

Here's what I do:

I bought a screw-lid water bottle from Nalgene (any bottle will do) and I put the pipette in it along with the whole can of Coppermelt. When using the product, I take the lid off, suck up as much liquid into the resevoir as possible, then put the lid back on the bottle of Coppermelt and put that can back into the water bottle. Then as I am using the pipette, I set it down on a clean surface and if I am outside, I set it down where the wind can't blow it off into the dirt. After using what I need to clean the gun, I squirt the rest of the resevoir back into the can and put the pipette and can back into the water bottle and tighten the lid.

Don't worry about cleaning in the heat, the cold, or the direct sunlight. It won't hurt it a bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hope this helps and please give us a report when you're done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

thanks, GG I didn't get the papers with it, I thought I could get it on the website but I can't seem to get it to work. I will use your method of storing it and using it. Would it be a good idea to flush the pipette with some alcohol to be safe? Then flush it thoroughly with water, and then dry?

Well, the UPS truck finally got over the Appalachian mountians and came by my house today.

Tell Scott I said "thanks"

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.