copper solids in a 22-284

What is your O.A.L. with your 22-284 and 80's?

With Rem. 6mm brass getting so hard to find my dad's TTH (22-6mm) could be getting turned into a 22-284 sooner rather than later but his TTH is built on a Rem 700 Short Action and I'm not sure it will be long enough when loaded with the 80 or 90 grainers. Maybe with an extended mag box it work better in a SA 700.

2.805. .020 off

Standard ptg reamer

One thing to remember with these mono bullets and hand lapped custom barrels like ours is we need to know if you plan on shooting monos so we can lap accordingly.
Chris
Benchmark Barrels

Hey Chris, for the less informed, such as myself, what do you do different if someone wants one of your barrels and wants to shoot monos and what if you want to shoot both??

The barrel will have no taper lapped into it, it will be a straight tube with rifling. Versus the .0001-.0002 taper from breach to muzzle we lap into our barrels. That is done because we have figured out that mono's don't like taper in the bore, atleast the CE bullets we have ran. It will do nothing to the accuracy of the barrel, just something we need to know to maximize the performance of the barrel.
Chris
Benchmark Barrels

bob have you tried the 76 grain cutting edge bullet? I am curious what a 22-284 would be able to push it to, or what a 22-243 would push it to.

bob have you tried the 76 grain cutting edge bullet? I am curious what a 22-284 would be able to push it to, or what a 22-243 would push it to.

Have'nt shot the 22-284 much this past summer and just now am getting time to burn some powder at the range. I will look into some sample 76's in solids, with temps in the 30's it's time to heat up the overbore barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.