Copper fouling location in barrel

Have you tried a known accurate bullet since doing the Tubb's treatment?
Something like a Ballistic Tip or Accubond perhaps.
I know when I run a barrel with cheap Ballistic Tips,I can tell if it's going to be a shooter or not.
The fouling issue may still get better as the throat runs in more.
One of my 25-06's fouls really badly, but it is a genuine 1/4-3/8MoA shooter and I did the Tubb's bullets in it several years ago, made no difference to the fouling issue and accuracy has stayed the same. Luckily, the throat has moved .028" since the Tubb's bullets and the haze cracking is no worse, it still shoots very well fouled and can go 100 rounds or more before accuracy degraded…sometimes you just have to live with the fouling.

Cheers.

Have you tried a known accurate bullet since doing the Tubb's treatment?
Something like a Ballistic Tip or Accubond perhaps.
I know when I run a barrel with cheap Ballistic Tips,I can tell if it's going to be a shooter or not.
The fouling issue may still get better as the throat runs in more.
One of my 25-06's fouls really badly, but it is a genuine 1/4-3/8MoA shooter and I did the Tubb's bullets in it several years ago, made no difference to the fouling issue and accuracy has stayed the same. Luckily, the throat has moved .028" since the Tubb's bullets and the haze cracking is no worse, it still shoots very well fouled and can go 100 rounds or more before accuracy degraded…sometimes you just have to live with the fouling.

Cheers.

I haven't. Thanks for the advice though. I was going to try my other hunting bullet next time to see if fouling is the same, a speer HC. It seemed to only gather on the grooves rather than everywhere, so I thought it might worth a try.

I was also going to go back out with 175 smk because I had some good groups with that and minimal fouling compared to these. I thought about hunting with it... But just can't do it

You might have good results with a 178 eld m or a Berger hybrid. I know they are probably hard to find

You might have good results with a 178 eld m or a Berger hybrid. I know they are probably hard to find

Yup. I'm trying to work with what has been available in stores. I wish I would have gotten a box of 200gr eldx awhile back when I saw them.

Well, maybe this barrel and Speer HC shoots best when loaded with copper. I shot 30 today and the lands are coated nearly solid with copper for the last half of the barrel. Not in the grooves though, like the interlock did. Seemingly no change in fouling after the TMS bullets except maybe it doesn't look quite as gloopy.

I loaded the best seating depth hot cor load today, rather than try to continue development on a clean barrel and chase my tail, to see if it got better as fouling increased.

30 rounds
Virgin Peterson brass
56.5gr h4350
Cci200
Speer hc 180gr ~0.020" off lands
2861 fps avg
9 SD
20 ES

There were a several fliers 1.5" away in the first 20 rounds and then the last 10 were acceptable. I used a new rear rest that took some time to get the stability during trigger break figured out, so I had some definite misses in the first 15 shots that screw with my overall results. But, given the last 10 shots, this will do for hunting. I'm going to just do a light clean on the bore and chamber with hoppes and see how far it will go before copper buildup becomes a problem.

IMG_20210906_144250944.jpg