Copper Creek 6.5 SAUM Brass

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Deviant, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Deviant

Deviant Member

So I'm building a new 6.5 SAUM on a Deviant Ultralight action with a 26" Proof Sendero light barrel and a Manners EH6-A stock and I purchased 100 rounds of Norma brass from Copper Creek. The brass varies in length from 2.009 to 2.016. Since the necks have been turned after necking them down from 30 cal to 6.5 wouldn't they have needed to trim them all to a consistent length before turning the necks? I also put them on my concentricty gauge and noticed that they are .013 out of concentricty. I paid $309 for 100 rounds of empty brass that was advertised as ready to load but I'm feeling like I got hosed here. The necks were also not chamfered. Has anyone else had any luck with brass from them?

2. CopperCreekAmmo

CopperCreekAmmo Well-Known Member

Deviant,

Sorry you’re having some issues. Why don’t you give us a call so we can discuss? 573-321-4310

djm670 likes this.
  3. Hatrick

Hatrick Well-Known Member

The more time I am on this site the better it gets. Amazing

4. Deviant

Deviant Member

Okay problem solved. I called them and they had an issue last week and they are sending me new brass.

Hatrick and 7stwnut like this.
  5. DocDoc

DocDoc Well-Known Member

Always best to go to the source first, as they can fix issues most easily. Glad it is fixed.

6. Deviant

Deviant Member

So they sent me new brass today and the first one I pull out looks like this (pic below). I started measuring them to figure out a trim length and the third one I pull out is 1.995. I really do not want to trim all of these that short. I would think after having problems with the first order someone would have at least looked these over to make sure the second order was decent . I have heard good things about the ammo from this company but this brass is ridiculous at $3 around. It is advertised as trimmed necks turned and ready to load and it is not trimmed and definitely far from ready to load. 20180808_141325.jpg

7. CopperCreekAmmo

CopperCreekAmmo Well-Known Member

We’re sorry that happened. As discussed use the pre paid label and we will get you a full refund.

Thanks again,
    Josh

8. Deviant

Deviant Member

Does anyone happen to know where I can get some good quality 6.5 Saum brass? I was trying to avoid having to make my own if possible. I'm in a hurry and short on time.

9. Brianc74

Brianc74 Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen with them 4 years ago. Only difference was I paid the extra for weight sorting. I finally got a refund aswell. I just use the 6.5 GAP4s brass. Works very well for my self and a couple of buddy’s.

Brian

10. Deviant

Deviant Member

I have been looking for some of the Gap 4S but haven't been able to find any. I also can't find any 7mm SAUM anywhere. I'll keep trying though.
    Thanks,

calib likes this.
  11. Brianc74

I will check out Sportsmans Warehouse in the Boise area today. They did have a couple of boxes of 7 saum brass last week.
    If they have some. Do you want me to buy it for you?

Brian

12. Deviant

Deviant Member

Yes that would be great. Thank you

13. Brianc74

Ok.

Will do.

Brian

14. horse killer

horse killer Well-Known Member

Deviant check out 6.5 SAUM 4S Facebook page. There have been members willing to sell some brass in the past.