Copper Bullets?

what I have found with the hammer hunters is set them at mag length or 20thou. off the lands which ever way works in your rifle and most times never move them I have had a couple that I moved in maybe 10thou. more they are very forgiving on seating depth as far as the absolute hammers I start the same way but have had to adjust a little more one way or the other to finalize load still very simple load work up
thanks for the info

Nope. .400". I guess when the barrel was rebored they thought it should have the Weatherby freebore since it's a Mark V.
interesting.. sounds like it shoots well for ya, I don't plan on loading anything that far off the lands tho

I should add that I haven't tried any of the fancy turned bullets yet like Cutting Edge or Hammer. they look sweet I just haven't been able to justify the price tag. maybe I should give them a shot though
Yes it's expensive but, the ammo is customized to your rifle, your custom components that make it shoot faster, flatter and smaller groups. I did a component price check on what I have in each every bullet and rounded up on it so. What I have in my custom 6.5prc loaded ammo using the lathe turned aluminum tipped Badlands's bulldozer copper bullets is: $.234 for 54.4g of powder, $.0375 cci200 or $.0425 for fed210m, I payed $144 for 100pcs of Gunwerks brass so 1.44 a case but I got 8 loadings out of that so I divide that by 8= $.18 per loading so you can look at it either way you want and lastly a $1 per bullet. So on the expensive one time and chuck the brass loading comes to about $2.77-$2.78 per round but you include reloading into the mix I have a $1.45 in each loaded bullet!! That is what/why I don't mind shooting a bullet that cost more, plus each and every bullet are soooo close to one another in weight, shape and form.

Last edited:
I'm looking into switching over to monos myself, I'm tired of mega lead contamination.
Do the Hammer bullets have competitive bc's to something like an ABLR?

No mono is ever gonna have BC's like that, That's the trade off and I'm perfectly fine with it myself

I'm not sure how it all calculates out in the formula, but the denser material produces a higher BC somehow or other. Like yourself, nobody seems to mind the slightly lower BC's of the Hammer bullets, vs. one with a lead core. I think the animals are equally un-impressed with the difference.

I'm looking into switching over to monos myself, I'm tired of mega lead contamination.
Do the Hammer bullets have competitive bc's to something like an ABLR?
I'd say there is maybe a mono that has the bc of the ablr, maybe, but you would have to get target monos that won't work for hunting. King of 2 mile guys seems to make monos work as they hold higher bc's farther out and are way more consistently made than a cup/core.

I'd say there is maybe a mono that has the bc of the ablr, maybe, but you would have to get target monos that won't work for hunting. King of 2 mile guys seems to make monos work as they hold higher bc's farther out and are way more consistently made than a cup/core.
I should have been more specific, I assumed we were talking about hunting bullets

I'm seeing really impressive bcs for monos from cutting edge and PVA, advertised anyway.
The Lazers are what some of the KO2K use and they work great for hunting according to barrbor creek shooting academy. They tested the lazers and they were shockenly great in the gel test they did. But I draw a price line and those exceed said line of mine!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts