Cooper

Read into that what you will----however the point is this. To compare the two as like entities then I am glad you are not my financial adviser. lol

Dan Cooper is the PRINCIPAL AND THE COMPANY IS NAMED AFTER HIM!!!! It has about 30 or 40 employees I understand with a almost non perceptible % of even 1% of the revenue of Cerberus. What Dan did to his clientele and employees is egregious and unforgivable. The Liberal mentality on this matter that will overlook someone who spit on his PRINCIPAL not to MENTION ONLY CLINTELE are willing to just lalala along and skip down the "yellow brick road" and say "all is forgiven lalalala" is unfathomable to someone who uses a "conservative" thought process that requires accountability for ones actions.

Boss Hoss, I don't disagree with you. I just don't want to cut off my nose to spite my face. Anytime a gun maker goes under it is not good for us.

I also don't want to make the families of the 30-40 employees suffer.

The Liberal mentality on this matter that will overlook someone who spit on his PRINCIPAL not to MENTION ONLY CLINTELE are willing to just lalala along and skip down the "yellow brick road" and say "all is forgiven lalalala" is unfathomable to someone who uses a "conservative" thought process that requires accountability for ones actions.

Boss Hoos, If you think I fit in this category then you are mistaken and should go back and reread my posts.

I am for patience and caution. It is going to take some time for all this to settle out and in the mean time I will not prematurely take my wrath out on innocent people nor encourage the demise of a gun company that makes a fine product.

I believe a lot of folks have made rash decisions in their anger and that almost always leads to bad results.

I may be wrong, but I believe that Dan Cooper will totally leave the company because I believe he actually does care for his employees even though he did this stupid thing and put them in jepardy. I also believe the company wants this and is working toward it.

If they are put under now, then they wont have a chance to correct the matter. It's a lot harder to make a wrong right than visa versa. Once the damage is done, it's done. I don't think they will go under because I think it will be worked out before long, at least I hope so.

As far as other companies go, they should be held to the same standards. If we are investigating the political views and support of Dan Cooper and Cooper Firearms, the same should be done with the others.

Boss Hoss, I don't disagree with you. I just don't want to cut off my nose to spite my face. Anytime a gun maker goes under it is not good for us.

I also don't want to make the families of the 30-40 employees suffer.

Believe me I do not want them to suffer either------they will be back someday just not under Cooper's control. Some of what they do is to outsource as well. Talked to an employee last week about a job on a blank that I would provide. Very nice person well both the 1st person I spoke to and the one specifically about the wood. Figured that they might have some shop time available with all of the cancellations but alas they would only deal through their dealers and still said 12 to 16 month LT---so things must not be too bad.

As it turns out the reports of Dan Cooper's extirpation have been Exaggerated greatly anyway so it was for naught.

Last edited:
Boss Hoos, If you think I fit in this category then you are mistaken and should go back and reread my posts.

I am for patience and caution. It is going to take some time for all this to settle out and in the mean time I will not prematurely take my wrath out on innocent people nor encourage the demise of a gun company that makes a fine product.

I believe a lot of folks have made rash decisions in their anger and that almost always leads to bad results.

I may be wrong, but I believe that Dan Cooper will totally leave the company because I believe he actually does care for his employees even though he did this stupid thing and put them in jepardy. I also believe the company wants this and is working toward it.

If they are put under now, then they wont have a chance to correct the matter. It's a lot harder to make a wrong right than visa versa. Once the damage is done, it's done. I don't think they will go under because I think it will be worked out before long, at least I hope so.

As far as other companies go, they should be held to the same standards. If we are investigating the political views and support of Dan Cooper and Cooper Firearms, the same should be done with the others.

Sorry but you are not "hitting on all cylinders" as they say--have a nice liberal day sir. Guess you are going to give your man Osama 4 years as well???

SYL--I am done with you on this matter---can only watch someone Whirl like a Dervish for so long!

Sorry but you are not "hitting on all cylinders" as they say--have a nice liberal day sir. Guess you are going to give your man Osama 4 years as well???

SYL--I am done with you on this matter---can only watch someone Whirl like a Dervish for so long!

Mr Obama is not my man... on the contrary I think he would gladly welcome you into his fold to help put gun makers out of business.

Good day

I was hoping that when I got a chance to check this there would be a whole bunch of PMs in my inbox per my offer to buy these heavily devalued Cooper arms that are all over the place. Put your money where your mouth is, I will give you a fair price. Mostly interested in 30.06, .308, .264. No large magnums. I think it is entirely possible that Cooper's bottom line wouldn't at all be affected by what a bunch of angst filled teenagers and gun freaks are saying about them on the internet.

If we were going to try and live our lives by this logic we would find ourselves unable to shop at most retailers. We probably couldn't buy groceries, cars and other goods or services. Many of these companies give to both parties so they get some perceived value no matter who wins.

If I were Cooper I would take the high road and market my products the 80 Million people who don't belong to the NRA and own guns. Just because a small minority of whining babies thinks my company should cease to exist based on specious reasoning I would not go about changing corporate policy. That was a weak move. Standing proud probably would have resulted in a far greater return.

Cooper Firearms Of Montana is as NAIVE as somee of the posters on this board he supported Oama (contributed money) to his Senate Campign in Illinios when Obama ran the last time and again when Obama ran for President

Coopers Arms is supporting the very people that will end his gun making business and Coopers Arms apparently doesn't care, but I do and I will not help him.

I have really tried to stay out of this, but it seems I have failed.

I do feel for the workers and their familes that stand to suffer because of Dan Cooper. However, how many hundreds (thousands?) of others stand to suffer the same fate if even half of the restrictions Obama supported while representing Illinois (State and Federal) get passed? The State governnment, which he was part of, has already driven Les Baer out of Illinois. Where do they (and others) go now that he is President? They can't simply move across the state line like Les Baer was able to.........just food for thought.

I really tried not to fuel this fire............................

I agree with JWP475, and I will continue to do my part to make inform all would be buyers.

By supporting Cooper Arms Of Montana you support Dan Cooper and that means you are not supporting a Company that supports your right to keep and bear arms, but are in fact your are helping to support the loss of gun ownership rights in this country

I agree with JWP475, and I will continue to do my part to make inform all would be buyers.

Yes, I too intend to "make inform" those around me. If I cared I would do a little research and make inform you all the other companies that help you to go about your daily life who gave money to Obama's campaign. I am too tired and you don't really seem capable of independent thought, just regurgitating spoon-fed rhetoric so I will not waste my time.

I'd better rush to the store and buy a couple pallets of primers! Keep on make informing on the internet and I will keep hoping that a small local business in an area where there's still a sense of community will weather it. I bet they will.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.