Cooper Warranty changes

I had a Cooper. Sold it because I have a Jarrett that shoots better. Both were in 308. Cooper shot .522 on average with fgmm and the Jarrett shot sub .3 with 150gr. federal blue box.
My go to rifle is built on a tikka action, it shoots in the .3s with American hunter, even better with Precision Hunter. Hand loads in the .0s.
I think it's funny that people get caught up in slamming a 6.5 Creedmoor because of the marketing hype, but will drop 3k on a cooper rifle marketed equally as well.
We can all agree that cooper could do better. They won't. They don't have to. People will still buy them. More so when they're used.
I'm currently having a 7-08 built at Jarrett on a 600 action. Will it shoot better than a Cooper and look way cooler? I sub .5 moa at 100 yards guarantee it. 😂

for 3k, there are much better rifles out there than a Cooper. They're also proofed at 100 yards. Just sayin…

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Cooper they no longer rebarrel rifles at a low price it's now going to be around 700.00 or more I have 2 when I bought them it was 125.00 if the barrel was shot out. I have a 28 nosler Excalibur with about 800 rounds down it. That was one reason I bought a 28 nosler from Cooper. I think if that was the warranty when I bought the gun they should back it.

Just got off the phone with Cooper they no longer rebarrel rifles at a low price it's now going to be around 700.00 or more I have 2 when I bought them it was 125.00 if the barrel was shot out. I have a 28 nosler Excalibur with about 800 rounds down it. That was one reason I bought a 28 nosler from Cooper. I think if that was the warranty when I bought the gun they should back it.
I just got one back from Hart, rebarrel on a FN mauser, one year, 800.00. They did do somebody bead blasting as well. Still worth the money and the wait. Superb job.

To me, $700 for a new fit & finished barrel on a Cooper, seems reasonable.
Maybe if I shot barrel burners I'd look for cheap finished barrels? No, I'd find a better cartridge for my next barrel.

I used the Cooper $200 rebarrel. I could never get the first barrel to shot as good as the little card. Second barrel had as good a little card. They butchered the crown on it! How it shot as well as it did ( no where close to the card group) I can not explain. I sent it back. It came back just as bad. Looked like they stuck a reamer in the end of the barrel. Maybe that's how they crown a barrel! A few rounds into the second try I got a live round stuck, it would not chamber nor eject! It went back a third time! The original owners were grumpy and hard to get along with, at least with me! Wilson bought them out. Wilson was their barrel maker. Want a hundred prefinished barrels? Wilson is the place! Lady I spoke with was nice and helpful but it won't go back! I sent it, with a new Bartlien barrel to a local guy!