Cooper Warranty changes

Russell123523

Just got off the phone with Cooper they no longer rebarrel rifles at a low price it's now going to be around 700.00 or more I have 2 when I bought them it was 125.00 if the barrel was shot out. I have a 28 nosler Excalibur with about 800 rounds down it. That was one reason I bought a 28 nosler from Cooper. I think if that was the warranty when I bought the gun they should back it.

No longer

Attachments

• F3232A60-C4B4-41E1-9452-E9C0B44E3070.png
    F3232A60-C4B4-41E1-9452-E9C0B44E3070.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 423
No that's fine that was their barrel replacement policy time of purchase it did push me and a couple buddy's buying them at the time since 28 nosler are a little hard on barrels. I think the warranty has change to 2 years on parts broken mags things like that. Mine is out of any warranty so I can put a bartlein on it for the same price so I'll have a Cooper with a bartlein I'm not a big fan of Wilson anyway. I think mine was like 2850.00 dollars some of their light weights are around 4000 that m92 backcountry. I have a r-bros carbon hunter which was 4800 that's my favorite gun. Getting in that price range I would stick with Travis at r-bros every time. The barrel policy at 125.00 was to good to last I guess anyway that's that

Seems like a ton of money for what I can't fathom! In the hunting world where vital area ranging from a volleyball to a beachball any of the el-cheappo deluxes under $400 complete will send the same bullet right there...now competition shooting is another story and I've done it many times but never in a hunting rifle...

OP I just reread your post.
There's a huge difference between warranty and replacing a burnt barrel. I'm sure the policy change had a lot to do with most of the newer cartridge offerings being barrel burners.
700 for a factory replacement of coopers caliber, pun intended, is really fair.
Just my opinion.

That policy was nuts, though I always heard it was $200 to have done.

Regardless, that was crazy, nice, but crazy. Still don't know that I've ever even read of someone doing it

Just got off the phone with Cooper they no longer rebarrel rifles at a low price it's now going to be around 700.00 or more I have 2 when I bought them it was 125.00 if the barrel was shot out. I have a 28 nosler Excalibur with about 800 rounds down it. That was one reason I bought a 28 nosler from Cooper. I think if that was the warranty when I bought the gun they should back it.
I have 2 there hunting guns not range guns and they produce 1/2 groups all the time 800 rounds thru a hunting gun you must never be home or miss alot

I have 2 there hunting guns not range guns and they produce 1/2 groups all the time 800 rounds thru a hunting gun you must never be home or miss alot

I have over 1K rounds through all my hunting rifles. I practice for real world situations with guns I actually plan to shoot in the real world. What else am I suppose to practice with, a 17 lb bench rest gun? Sure their fun too, but this IS a long range hunting forum, after all.

That policy was nuts, though I always heard it was $200 to have done.

Regardless, that was crazy, nice, but crazy. Still don't know that I've ever even read of someone doing it
I did it. Had 24" 22-250AI 1/14 twist varminter. I had it threaded and shot lots of p dogs with it. A couple 300+ shot days. Smoked the throat. Went to 1.5" accuracy. Had it redone in same chamber but 1/8 and 26". $125 base charge. Change from original was another 75 and shipping put it about $225. Thats one heck of a deal.

Recent Posts