Cooper vs Fierce?

"If you are the original owner and shoot the barrel out, they will rebarrel it for $200 plus shipping! "

I heard that rumor also but was quoted $420 by Cooper for my .204 Varminter. Still a good deal.

Hello, I was looking at purchasing a new elk rifle in a 7mm recently and was pretty stuck on the Fierce Carbon Fury. Then I recently came across a Cooper Open Country Long Range (Lightweight) with the Proof barrel in 7mm as well for roughly the same price ($200 more) and threw me off track.
I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with either rifle or both and what Pros and Cons they found. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

WOW, I can see why you're having a tough time. Both look good and seem to be very good rifles based on members' comments. Good luck with your choice.

I have a cooper long range lightweight in 300 win mag. Awesome rifle. Does everything for me

Hello, I was looking at purchasing a new elk rifle in a 7mm recently and was pretty stuck on the Fierce Carbon Fury. Then I recently came across a Cooper Open Country Long Range (Lightweight) with the Proof barrel in 7mm as well for roughly the same price ($200 more) and threw me off track.
I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with either rifle or both and what Pros and Cons they found. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Yes i do love the gun elk out to 700 yds shoots 162 eldx 3/8 groups at 100yds 5x20 huskama scope great pack gun last year held gun in the shooting position for 15 min elk were watching us couldn't move waiting for the bull to come up from the bottom shot it in the back of head when it bugle model 92 backcountry in 7mm

I dont have any experience with Cooper but I do have a new to me Fierce Fury in .300 Win that I got a hell of a deal on. Factory Barnes 180 TTSX shoot 1" and my 200 gr Partition reloads are sub MOA. Was very easy to load for. Their detachable mag is the cats meow. Zero issues with loading and unloading or taking one out of the pipe. Their muzzle break isn't the best but its sleek, low profile and definately tames the beast some.
20200927_171736.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.