Cooper rifle won't chamber twice fired brass

How about making a chamber cast out of Cerrosafe chamber casting alloy. It's available from Brownells (14.99 for 8oz) or Rotometals (9.00 for 1 lb On sale). Then take all you measurements from what the chamber actually is.

I would definitely go to Cooper seems awfully strange to me. I have a brand new Cooper the shoots really well and is beautiful but it won't feed. The long 147 grain ELDM point sticks in the feed ramp and the bolt jumps the case. The third bullet always sticks point down in magazine.

The gun is at the factory for the repair but they decided to close until April 12th so now I am stuck working from home and get practice with my new rifle
That's really frustrating. I have a Cooper Phoenix that does that. I don't have the feed ramp issue but I think what's happening is that somehow there may be too much spring tension on the mag follower. It feeds the second round fine but the third one points down like you said. I think what happens if you got 3 rounds in the mag (full) is that when you push-feed the second round into battery there is too much friction between the 2nd and 3rd round in the stack. If there's enough space between the meplat and the front of the mag it pushes the 3rd one over and down. My remedy is to chamber a round and only put 2 in the mag and it seems to resolve the problem. I figure if I don't have a whitetail on the ground inside of 400 with a .25 to .5 MOA rifle with 3 shots, I better go back to golf.

That said, Coopers command too high a price to have issues like this. They make beautiful, accurate rifles, for sure but I think there are some details they need to pay a bit more attention to. I guess they are kinda like a high maintenance girlfriend. My wife agrees.

In the entire world!?

Yes, reloaders use a default chamber casting system. I believe there are more reloaders in the claims department that claim they do than there are rleoaders that use the default system. I have tried to break into this 'there is a better way system' but the last effort ended with some very rude reloaders insulting the OP. Anyhow I talked the OP into working with me off line, you will not believe how happy he is.

F. Guffey

Now that is funny and totally ridiculous. Absolutely zero to do with the problem that he found!!

Please give me a rundown on how you would go about casting a chamber. Tell me everything you know about the procedure, do not waste a lot of time on this because I will know what you know in the first 2 sentences.

F. Guffey

First of all you can't cast the entire chamber. There are clearences between bolt and barrel and then the distance the bolt face is set back into the bolt face. So your casting is always going to be short of the whole chamber. And everyone telling him to cut some off the die or shell holder it was addressed on page one.
Shep

Please give me a rundown on how you would go about casting a chamber. Tell me everything you know about the procedure, do not waste a lot of time on this because I will know what you know in the first 2 sentences.

F. Guffey
I'm starting to think you dislike a guy named fguffey and you're trying to get him blackballed here. I'm not buying it. You're trying too hard :)

I'm starting to think you dislike a guy named fguffey and you're trying to get him blackballed here. I'm not buying it. You're trying too hard

Please give me a rundown on how you would go about casting a chamber.

I said please, you discounted my efforts because I am OLD, if what you claim is true there are two standards.
First of all you can't cast the entire chamber. There are clearences between bolt and barrel and then the distance the bolt face is set back into the bolt face. So your casting is always going to be short of the whole chamber. And everyone telling him to cut some off the die or shell holder it was addressed on page one.
Shep

25WSM, You start with "You can't etc." and then you go off into a direction that has no return, one thing I know about reloaders on Internet forums; it is impossible to retract statements like the one you just made. I do not know how to say there is nothing true about the statement you just made, no problem, no one will remember you are wrong and no one on any reloading forum can cast a chamber with any method or technique except the the default method, that is just going through the motions.

I can not see how that is my fault.

F. Guffey

I said please, you discounted my efforts because I am OLD, if what you claim is true there are two standards.

25WSM, You start with "You can't etc." and then you go off into a direction that has no return, one thing I know about reloaders on Internet forums; it is impossible to retract statements like the one you just made. I do not know how to say there is nothing true about the statement you just made, no problem, no one will remember you are wrong and no one on any reloading forum can cast a chamber with any method or technique except the the default method, that is just going through the motions.

I can not see how that is my fault.

F. Guffey
To be clear, I wouldn't discount the efforts of anyone based on age. I had to give you a hard time based on your comment. You have to admit it sounded funny saying you were the only one who could do it. Have a good night FGuffey

F. Guffey
Chamber casting in this case is stupid and not relevant. It is as relevant as tits on a boar hog. So get off your pseudo world expert high horse. You are ridiculous and a distraction to a meaningful discussion. Go home troll.

Last edited: