Cooper Model 52 300 Win Mag - Should I jump at it.

cquist

I have a 25-06, 30-06, and a couple of 300 H&Hs. The 300s are a Winchester Model 70 (1958) and a Remington Model 721 that I inherited from my father. They 25-06 is a Hill Country with a Remington 700 action. I have worked up a load and have had groups touching. The 30-06 is a Cooper Model 52 that I need to work up a load for.

I was saving for a decent long range rifle though, because I have debated whether the Winchester and Remington will shoot as well as I would like. I haven't wanted to go through the process of getting a custom gun, but have thought about getting a Browning X-bolt, Fierce, or Christensen Arms Mesa. I walked into a local gun store and they have a Cooper 52 in 300 Win Mag on clearance for $1900. It is one with the synthetic stock. The MSRP is $2700. I am suddenly getting ansy to go buy it. Thoughts?

I also have a cooper in 22-250 that is accurate of a gun as I have ever had, so I am thinking it is worth while to go buy the gun and working up a load for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.