Cooper backcountry vs Fierce edge

I know this has been hashed before but I am looking for any insight as to which rifle to purchase. I am looking at a cooper backcountry in 7mag and a fierce edge in 28 nosler. I am left handed which puts a damper on options. I have always heard good things about Cooper and not much information on Fierce. Both feel and cycle awesome. Most all of my other rifles the bolt locks while the rifle is "on safe" with a few exceptions. The Fierce rifle's bolt does lock while the Cooper doesn't. I don't know if this will bother me but it has me thinking. I guess this is what is really bothering me because I had a custom "700 clone" bolt open on me in the field. Any thoughts will be appreciated.
I use the backcountry in 7mm and love it and never had any issues in the backcountry great rifle 2 elk so far 1 shot 168 vld bergers

I have owned several Coopers and still own two. I Currently own 4 Fierce rifles and I prefer the Fierce to Cooper. Both shoot great. I really like the magazine of the Fierce over the single stack of the Cooper. I have had issues with plastic tipped bullets jamming during fast cycling during hunting situations (twice) with factory loads in the Cooper. I had to put one less round in the magazine to prevent this from happening. I also like the Fierce stock on the Edge models slightly better. I had a friend purchase a used Fierce on gunbroker and he could not get it to shoot 1/2MOA. He sent it back to Fierce and they confirmed and rebarred the rifle for him at no charge. In all honesty, you cannot go wrong with either gun but since you asked for preferences, my nod goes to Fierce.
Thanks

I've had 5 Coopers and still have 2. The 3 centerfires all shot better than the guaranteed half moa. The 22-250 I'm still shooting has shot in the 3's and 4's through 2 barrels- both Wilson. I sold the other two centerfires and a .17hmr because I just couldn't bring myself to beat up the stellar wood stocks on them. Oh, the .22 I still have and the 17 were both tack drivers.

I have a Fierce fury in 28 Nosler and a Cooper 92 in 280AI. Like them both a lot. The Cooper had an issue with the magazine coming loose when fired, but they fixed that when I sent it back for the bolt recall (it was one of the early editions that had an issue). I have had a stiff bolt when shooting some Hornady & the Nosler etip ammo in the Fierce. Seems to do fine with other Nosler ammo & no issues with my relatively mild reloads. Both guns shoot very well. The Fierce is probably a little easier to shoot consistently well. I prefer packing the Cooper, especially when I am covering a lot of ground in rugged country. I prefer my Cooper.

160 A-Bond load. Cooper M52 280 AI......

Attachments

• 80A5CF89-E5AF-4712-8DBE-64BBDE3CF1F6.png
    80A5CF89-E5AF-4712-8DBE-64BBDE3CF1F6.png
    310.1 KB · Views: 105
Also the Barnes 145 LRX at 3.375" OAL with 59 Grains H4831 Shortcut and Fed 215's has been best load tried in 4 separate rifles.....3025 FPS in my 24" barrel
I have also shot this load in my other Cooper 52 out to 800 yards and it's a fair amount under 1/2 MOA as well.

I have had 9 fierce rifles. I would buy 9 more if the wife would allow me to live after I did. They are great rifles and shoot well. They will always shoot factory ammo well, handloads you sometimes have to tinker a bit but I always find a 1/2 inch load with each one

What OACL can the fierce magazines accommodate? If someone has the opportunity to measure both, I would love to know.

Thanks!

Thanks for all of the input. I made my decision. I went with the Fierce CT Edge in 300 wsm and I could not be happier with my decision. The 100yd target they sent me was very impressive and it was with Barnes ttsx bt factory ammunition and the 1/2" guarantee.

My second Cooper Model 22 Phoenix .260. Will be selling some time in the future. The only shots through it are from Cooper in their proof. I may sell it after I jewell the bolt and offer custom Cerakote on the barrel if wanted by buyer.

Attachments

• Cooper 260 Phoenix1.jpg
    Cooper 260 Phoenix1.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Cooper 260 Phonix.jpg
    Cooper 260 Phonix.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Cooper 22 260.jpg
    Cooper 22 260.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 69
My only comments about Fierce is they seem like good shooters but I've heard some absolute horror stories about their cust service. Not just one or two, but entire threads about nightmare situations.
I don't own either but my friend and hunting buddy has 7 or 8. He is the most demanding pain in the *** consumer on the planet, and Cooper has gone way out of bounds to keep him happy. You wouldn't believe how nit picky he can be....and they always manage to satisfy him.
As for his rifles, they have all been great shooters. He is also a heckuva shot and if I have issues with any of my rifles he's the first person I get to shoot it.
His model 52 shot the tightest 5 shot 300 yard group ive ever seen.
My only wish for Cooper would be a larger variety of stock patterns/colors.....although ordering directly from Cooper you can have them do about anything.....and they'll do it.
Theres no way I'd pay $3500 for either one, when I can buy top shelf components and have one built for close to that amount.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.