Cooper backcountry vs Fierce edge

My only comments about Fierce is they seem like good shooters but I've heard some absolute horror stories about their cust service. Not just one or two, but entire threads about nightmare situations.
I don't own either but my friend and hunting buddy has 7 or 8. He is the most demanding pain in the *** consumer on the planet, and Cooper has gone way out of bounds to keep him happy. You wouldn't believe how nit picky he can be....and they always manage to satisfy him.
As for his rifles, they have all been great shooters. He is also a heckuva shot and if I have issues with any of my rifles he's the first person I get to shoot it.
His model 52 shot the tightest 5 shot 300 yard group ive ever seen.
My only wish for Cooper would be a larger variety of stock patterns/colors.....although ordering directly from Cooper you can have them do about anything.....and they'll do it.
Theres no way I'd pay $3500 for either one, when I can buy top shelf components and have one built for close to that amount.
I meant to say my buddy has 7 or 8 Coopers.

I swear by my Cooper in .270Win. They make a heck of a rifle.
I have a chance to buy a model 52 Cooper .270 right now. A friend's Dad passed away and had a large collection.
This one never made it out of the box....bought new in 2008 and never fired.
Really nice wood stock.
My friend is keeping most but selling a few and offered me the Cooper for $1700.
Do u think that's a good price? I know what I think but want another opinion.

I have a chance to buy a model 52 Cooper .270 right now. A friend's Dad passed away and had a large collection.
This one never made it out of the box....bought new in 2008 and never fired.
Really nice wood stock.
My friend is keeping most but selling a few and offered me the Cooper for $1700.
Do u think that's a good price? I know what I think but want another opinion.
You need to jump all over that one. You will regret if you don't. You can always sell it and not lose money if it is in the condition he says. Nice caliber and you can bet it shoots as advertised.

We looked at what they were going for new....and, other than being built in 2008 and sitting in the box for 13 yrs, it's new.
Heck the custom classics sell closer to 4K, with the nice wood. This one has nice wood.....I've only seen pics but he's gonna bring it to me next week.
I'll be scared to death to take it hunting.....I can be hard on a rifle and I know it would scratched all to hell after a couple outings. I guess it could be cool to just "collect" it and keep it mint.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts